welcome to lorem (ipsum)!

Ipsum. A mega-city that is located beachside, with mountains and a river surrounding its expansive homes and towering buildings. The city is beyond beautiful... yet none of the residents have any idea how they arrived, and have yet to leave, because Ipsum is a city you can never leave -- not by choice. People appear here without any knowledge where they are, no one knows what country or world they are even in. Yet, the city still provides for her people. Jobs, homes, goods are all readily available, and there is a place for everyone, be it the good or bad — Ipsum shall provide.

Please make yourself at home… you will not be returning to yours any time soon.

We are an Intermediate to Advanced RP Forum that offers a sandbox world for our members to play in with plot driven events! Please read all the rules before joining, and please be sure to register your OOC account first, with your name, then please register your character account in PROPER CAPITALISATION after you make a reserve. Please ensure you have registered with the proper naming convinctions of your character's country. We have no word count, we are rated L3|S3|V3, and are pleased to have you join us.

CURRENT EVENT: FESTIVAL OF FLOWERS

JULY 19: RULES UPDATE: We will now allow Silent Protags on a case by case basis. Please use the inquiry forum if you wish to apply for one of these.

JULY 14: RULES UPDATE: You must have a reservation. If you have not had a reservation in 10 days, your app will be dropped. If you have not had a reservation for a month, character account will be dropped, even if you have asked to hold the character in a recent Activity Check.

JULY 6: TAG BOX CHANGES We have some updates to our tag box, read about it here

7nadir 17denizen 16syzygy 15xephyr 5zenith 5nether

Add Reply

INQUIRY THREAD, for asking questions!

Admin

JCink

⚦

Forum

as played by N/A
Hello, I am Lorem Ipsum's root account.
Player Pronouns
Player Age

awards

May 4 2018, 11:20 PM

INQUIRY THREAD

Welcome to Lorem Ipsum, we are so excited to have you here! This thread is guest friendly and is a place where anyone can ask questions about a character, the forum, or just general inquiries about how we do things here. Staff will answer as promptly as possible, however! Please Please PLEASE check the FAQs before asking a question. Many things have already been answered there!

Please bear in mind, you might not get an answer to your inquiry right away, as the staff will need to discuss the question and come to a consensus. if you are a guest, we ask that you check back, and if you are a member, the staff member answering your question will tag you! You are welcome to ask follow up questions, as well. Please use this forum for any questions you may have!

Dropped

Final Fantasy

♂

Odd Jobber

as played by catherine
Then reality hits me like a splash of cold water, and I remember that I don't belong. But I want to.
Player Pronouns she/her
Player Age 23

awards

May 5 2018, 12:19 AM
I have a few questions!

1. Must the English source for the Japanese medium be official, or can it be fan-endorsed (i.e. a fan-translation)? If the fan-translation renamed the characters, are we allowed to use the names used in the fan-translation or must we use their original name?

2. If a character has different names depending on translation, should we stick to one translation or are we free to use any of them?

3. If a character is able to bring other characters back to life, would plotting out a thread like that be feasible?

Thanks for your time!

Admin

A Dank River Valley Near You

∞

⚦

Head Admin

as played by just snow
Not sure I'm there yet but I'm certain I've arrived; Oops I, did it again, I forgot what I was losing my mind about. I only wrote this down to make you press rewind and send a message, "I was young and a menace"
Player Pronouns Any are fine.
Player Age 31

awards

May 5 2018, 12:33 AM
Prompto Argentum

I can answer two of these now, as the staff has discussed some of these in the past and I will likely be adding them to the FAQs today or tomorrow.

Your first question: We only allow official translations here on Lorem Ipsum, as fan translations can vary so wildly. We ask that original names be used, as well, due to this.

As for the second question: We ask that you use the most commonly known name within the western fandom. Like with Xander from Fire Emblem. We are aware that his name is Marxander in the Japanese version of the game, however, because he is known as Xander within the western fandom, that is the name we asked to be used.

I will have to get back to you on the final question, so please stand by. :'D

Dropped

Final Fantasy

♂

Odd Jobber

as played by catherine
Then reality hits me like a splash of cold water, and I remember that I don't belong. But I want to.
Player Pronouns she/her
Player Age 23

awards

May 5 2018, 12:55 AM
No problem!

I had two questions but one of them I'm struggling to remember right now, I'll ask it later if it comes back in my head, but I did remember one of them:

For avatars/icons, aside from NSFW materials, what other materials can't be allowed? I'm assuming things that are considered universal triggers (e.g. abuse). But would it not be allowed if there was some blood in it?

Admin

That one magical girl anime

♀

Co-Admin

as played by Kitten
No, this is not about me, I see you thinking I'm a missing piece to the puzzle that you use for life. I'll wait a minute while you try to come for mine
Player Pronouns she/her
Player Age Twenty-five

awards

May 5 2018, 02:27 AM
Blood is fine as long as the image is not showing an excessive amount of gore. We have no problem with a little bit of violence and such, but full on body horror and the like are not allowed.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Welcome to Lorem Ipsum's cbox! It might seem quiet, that's because we're happily chatting away on the Discord Server! Link above! However, if you wish to chat here, please feel free to leave a message, we don't bite! We'll happily chat here as well! Please be sure to read the rules! We're excited to have you!