welcome to lorem (ipsum)!

Ipsum. A mega-city that is located beachside, with mountains and a river surrounding its expansive homes and towering buildings. The city is beyond beautiful... yet none of the residents have any idea how they arrived, and have yet to leave, because Ipsum is a city you can never leave -- not by choice. People appear here without any knowledge where they are, no one knows what country or world they are even in. Yet, the city still provides for her people. Jobs, homes, goods are all readily available, and there is a place for everyone, be it the good or bad โ€” Ipsum shall provide.

Please make yourself at homeโ€ฆ you will not be returning to yours any time soon.

We are an Intermediate to Advanced RP Forum that offers a sandbox world for our members to play in with plot driven events! Please read all the rules before joining, and please be sure to register your OOC account first, with your name, then please register your character account in PROPER CAPITALISATION after you make a reserve. Please ensure you have registered with the proper naming convinctions of your character's country. We have no word count, we are rated L3|S3|V3, and are pleased to have you join us.

CURRENT EVENT: FESTIVAL OF FLOWERS

AUGUST 5: With the new CREDITS STORE now in use, all active accounts will be receiving 500 credits as a gift to get everyone started!

AUGUST 1: SPOTLIGHT NOMINATIONS are up! Nominate before the 7th!

JULY 24: ACTIVITY CHECK IS UP! Thank you for checking in guys! There's also been an update to how we handle MEMBER CLAIMS.

JULY 19: RULES UPDATE: We will now allow Silent Protags on a case by case basis. Please use the inquiry forum if you wish to apply for one of these.

JULY 14: RULES UPDATE: You must have a reservation. If you have not had a reservation in 10 days, your app will be dropped. If you have not had a reservation for a month, character account will be dropped, even if you have asked to hold the character in a recent Activity Check.

JULY 6: TAG BOX CHANGES We have some updates to our tag box, read about it here

9nadir 17denizen 21syzygy 17xephyr 7zenith 5nether

Add Reply

A MOTHER'S PRIDE, tag: Keith/snow

Syzygy

VOLTRON

IN THE THOUSANDS

โ™€

SOLDIER

as played by Lynn
I think we should name him Yorak.
Player Pronouns She/Her
Player Age 27

awards

Mar 26 2018, 03:33 AM
At coming to this new world, Krolia hadn't been sure what to expect of it. It was very different than the bases the Galra had, less sterile and uptight, and different than the headquarters for the Blades.

All in all it had felt more...welcoming. One part of her brain told her she should be figuring out a way back home, but mostly she was focusing on the fact that she didn't have to fight here. She'd been a part of the Galran war for so long, it was nice to do something different for a change.

It was nice to simply be able to relax and enjoy the good things in life. That phrase made her think of the love she'd left on Earth and she wondered what Keith's father was doing now, and if he missed her. As when she'd seen Keith in space, she wondered what he thought of Keith having gone to war.

Inwardly Krolia shook her head, she hadn't come to this place to dwell on so many morbid thoughts. She'd come here for other reasons. The race track was probably the last place she would normally be, but the day they'd posted the racers was the day that sparked hope in her.

Keith's name had been on the list. She hadn't realized her boy was in this world and was one of the competitors in such a dangerous sport, but then again, their work as two of the Blade of Marmora was just as dangerous, if not more.

But of course, once she knew that Keith was racing, she had to see her boy compete.

Maybe she would get a chance to talk with him afterward. They hadn't had the chance in space, and she thought he'd looked lost or hopeful when he figured out just who she was.

She'd been dragged to this new world before she could talk to Keith further, but maybe this would be a chance for them to reconcile.

For now Krolia was proud to watch him show his skills in his racing. .

I hope this is all right
BY MITZI

Syzygy

Voltron: Legendary Defenders

โ™‚

Racer

as played by SNOW
I don't like my mind right now stacking up problems that are so unnecessary...
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age โˆž

awards

Mar 26 2018, 04:12 AM
It was a rush, the kind that he needed when he couldn't fight for his life, fly fast, swing his sword to protect himself from death-- Keith had become an adrenalin junkie. He was so used to laughing in the face of death this peaceful existence had its moments of driving him insane. And his best outlet was this.

Kogane was known as a risk taker on the asphalt, he was known for pushing himself hard, and pulling off stunts none of the other racers would take. And he drew in the crowds. At this moment he was breaking speeds, and weaving past the other bikes with low leans and cutting the other riders off with just inches to spare between their wheels. He wouldn't take second place as they speed towards the turn, no, the Half Galra wasn't going to settle for it-- never had.

He hugged the turn, dipping low into it as they flew along what had been meant to be a runway for air traffic. His gloved fingers reached out from his throttle, lightly touching the ground as he sped along. But quickly he was up and pressing his hands forward all the way. There was no rest, no time to reflect. This was the final stretch of the final lap, He pressed himself low to the bike and weaved his way to the front, just seconds before the racer in the front could claim gold-- just a tire ahead of him. Keith knew it, too. As he sped along the tracks he lifted his hand into the air, grinning wide.

"Kogane, you take to many fucking risks!" His pit boss screamed in his ear, as the teen took his victory lap. He couldn't help his laugh as he spoke into the mike, slowing down enough for it to be a leisurely ride, "Yeah, yeah. It gets results." He bitched back, his grin a mile wide. Hitting a gentle stop, the teen pulled free his helmet and waved to the crowd, a grin wide on his lips before--

There was no mistaking the violet hew of flesh, and that proud smile. Keith was off his racer and running across the runway at once, running towards the woman with a shocked look.

"MOM!"

tag: Krolia
notes: I weep maaaaaaaaa

Who cares if one more light goes out?
In a sky of a million stars-- It flickers, flickers... Who cares when someone's time runs out?
If a moment is all we are-- We're quicker, quicker... Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do
by xion of sonder

Syzygy

VOLTRON

IN THE THOUSANDS

โ™€

SOLDIER

as played by Lynn
Player Pronouns She/Her
Player Age 27

awards

Mar 29 2018, 08:29 AM
Krolia wanted to say her cheer was the loudest as she watched Keith's vehicle make it over the finish line first. He was good, and she could see some recklessness in his racing, but it got him results. That and this was how she usually did things if there was no other option. It got her results in the end after all.

Krolia was just about as shocked as Keith. She should have expected that he'd see her almost straight off. She looked different from most of those in the crowd around her. They could be considered humanoid in appearance if not completely human. There were races in this place she hadn't seen before and races she'd only heard of from the mythologies Keith's father sometimes told her about. Human stories and myths were so different and yet so interesting.

As he pelted toward her, Krolia hesitated only for a moment before she held out her arms for an embrace. She'd expected a bit more anger on his part as they hadn't been able to talk while they were heading back to the Blade. She hadn't seen him in seventeen years and he'd grown up so well. He looked a lot like her, but with some of his father's features as well. She hadn't gotten a good chance to even look or talk with him while they were on their missions in space and now was as good a time as any to at least continue some of the conversation they'd had on the exploding base.

"I told you I'd never leave you behind again. I just didn't think it would bring me to a new world. With all that has happened, though I shouldn't be surprised" There was a wry tone to her last statement. After a few moments, her surprise melted back into her grin of pride she'd had while watching Keith race. "I saw your name on the racing roster, and had to see if it was truly you here." There was more than that in her statement, but she was a woman of few words unless the situation called for otherwise.

"You race well, Keith." The pride hadn't gone out of her voice. The years away from him she'd been worried over what he might and might not have gotten into, and it was good to see that Keith was at least flourishing.

There were plenty of questions she wanted to ask about her son, but the first one that passed her lips was. "What's happened since I saw you last, Keith? Last thing I remember was heatding back toward the Blade with you, and then this place. Ipsum, did they call it?" .

what even is free time for lynn
BY MITZI

Syzygy

โ™‚

Racer

as played by SNOW
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age โˆž

awards

Apr 5 2018, 08:21 PM
You could try and take us-- but we're the gladiators
โ˜…โ˜†โ˜…โ˜†โ˜…โ˜† Krolia
Keith had not expected to see the woman ever again, his arms thrown around her neck as he hugged her tightly. Yes, he was angry with her-- how could he not be? She was the first of many to abandon him-- however at the moment he was too elated for anger, he was feeling too great to not share his joy. He was smiling so wide, the win an important one for him and he could only just hug the female that birthed him tightly.

He would pull back after a moment and frown at her somewhat, "You shouldn't have left me in the first place." He regretted the worlds the moment they fell, his violet hews flicking away as he recoiled a bit more-- he had time to think, now that he understood more and gleaned the truth from the context clues that he had learnt about. He would sigh softly, before looking at the woman with a frown, "That was out of line. Sorry. Common, hop the gate, walk with me, mom."

Honestly he wanted to get away from the screaming fans and have a real chat with the woman, hands pressing into his race jacket as he waited for her to join him, his mind running a mile a minute with a pout on his lips. How did he tell her how bad it was after she left? That Dad basically fell apart? That he just-- vanished. He still didn't know if he was dead or alive. He wasn't angry with her, though. No. He understood why she left, to protect him, to protect earth from the Galra...

Looking towards the woman, he would sigh and tilt his head back some, "Mmm, Not much has happened though. I gotta place of my own, Lance lives with me and is a pain in the ass. I think I'm dating someone, too. I've been racing, working on my Galra fighter, hmmm..." He would cup his chin, looking thoughtful as if trying to think of what he's done with himself since Ipsum snagged him from his life...

Syzygy

VOLTRON

IN THE THOUSANDS

โ™€

SOLDIER

as played by Lynn
Player Pronouns She/Her
Player Age 27

awards

Jul 7 2018, 08:28 PM
Keith's comment had her flinch slightly. It was true that she hadn't wanted to leave her small family behind on Earth, but she couldn't risk her then baby son getting hurt as his father had. Leaving was the only way she could have kept them safe, and a sad smile crossed her face at the thought.

"I didn't want to leave you and your father behind." Keith's forgiveness was more than she could ask for. She hadn't known that his father would die not long after she left Earth. That vision had hit her hard while the two of them were in the time space on top of the space wolf, and it was a sight she would never forget for the rest of her long life. "But the war was coming to Earth...and I couldn't risk you or your father's lives any more than I had already."

Krolia hadn't been entirely surprised when the Empire had found the blue lion. They'd been keeping more of an eye on her at the time she'd found herself crashed on Earth, and they had just as much technology as she had at the time. Even though Earth was a primitive planet to the Galrans, that didn't mean they didn't have their sights on the mostly watery planet. As she easily scaled the fence, with him, she continued, "Leaving you both behind was the only way that I could keep you both safe. Would I had more of a choice; would that staying with you both would have kept you away from the war, I would have stayed."

She fell silent again as he continued. During the two years they'd spent together, Keith had talked about the other Voltron pilots, and often talked about the annoyance that was "Lance". She could tell her boy cared about his fellow pilots even if he called them a pain in the ass. He was dating someone? That was definitely news to her, and she wondered just who this mystery someone could be. It pained her again that she'd missed so much of his life, but now she was curious and a bit of a sly smile crossed her face as she asked, "I've heard about your racing here on this world. You seem quite good at it, if a bit reckless." She mentioned the recklessness with a slight laugh. She'd probably have been just as reckless, though his next comment almost had her stop in her tracks.

"Oh? Dating someone? And when do I get to meet this someone." There was a bit of a playful threat behind her voice. She needed to find out who her boy was courting and whether or not he or she was worthy of dating her kit. She had some questions that said significant other needed to answer.

A POST BEFORE WORK YAY
BY MITZI

Syzygy

โ™‚

Racer

as played by SNOW
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age โˆž

awards

Jul 8 2018, 08:07 PM
The young man would sigh as his mother repeated the story to him, a frown on his lips as he walked down the track with the woman, "I know, Krolia. Don't worry, I understand. I think I would have done the same thing in your shoes... I just wish things had been different." He said with a reserved sound as he walked to his bike and looked up at the woman, tilting his head some, "I still joined the war, so I understand. I'm thankful for it, honestly, if I had not-- I would have never met you. I would have been an orphan forever."

He had never fit in on earth, anyway. Now he understood why, but when he was a boy he couldn't understand. He found himself alone, struggling until Shiro came into his life. Violet irises drifted downward, thinking of the missing man with a knit of his brows. Shiro had been there, then he was gone... There was nothing that could make him feel more out of place, more lost. But he had found his footing with the help of one man, the unexpected alliance with the man that he had barely interacted with, but they had saved each other from certain death.

Pushing his bike along, he could only smile at Bork as she sat in the pit, wagging her tail and waiting for Keith to come back. He would look up at his mother and smile a bit as Bork vanished, just to appear before Krolia and her master, paws on Krolia's form, her tongue looking for anywhere to lavish the woman in love. Keith chuckled a bit, "Bork, girl, get down. I know you missed Krolia. She's not going anywhere. What am I gonna do with you? Lance has spoilt you and you lost your training!"

There was a blush at the mention of Lotor with a tease, Keith's eyes slowly trailing to the side with a small, forced laugh, "Yeah, well... I would have to talk to him about it, first. I don't want you blasting him or kicking him in the face or something..." the young man said with a small laugh and a sidelong stare away from her face as a blush bloomed on his cheeks. "He's kinda busy all the time... I'll text him and see if he has time... We're not that serious or anything."

He was not gonna tell his mother that they were at the level of having sex, that would be awkward as hell...

Syzygy

VOLTRON

IN THE THOUSANDS

โ™€

SOLDIER

as played by Lynn
Player Pronouns She/Her
Player Age 27

awards

Jul 8 2018, 10:33 PM
Keith may have said he knew, but it was still good to actually hear him say it. Her years in space had given her enough time to dwell over what could have been and what might have happened if she hadn't reunited with Keith. Of course he would likely have found his way off of the planet anyway if the fact that he'd inherited both her and his father's stubbornness.

"It's still good to hear, Keith." She didn't want to say her fears out loud, but they were still in her tone of voice. As the space wolf teleported in front of her, Krolia bent a little at the knees to give the cosmic canine more access. Bork had followed Keith here and the thought made her smile slightly as she said, "Hello, Bork. Have you been looking after my kit while I couldn't?" She didn't really expect a full answer but she still scratched the large canine behind the ears. She'd been a good companion during the two years on the cosmic whale and Krolia had felt it was a good decision to let Keith keep her.

Krolia was a spy and it wasn't like her to miss small cues, plus she'd seen some of the same reactions on Keith's father, and she raised an eyebrow at the blush that crossed Keith's face. "I know that look" She said as she gently pushed the eager canine away. She didn't elaborate on her comment, but she meant the look she'd had while she was on Earth and his father was courting her as the humans put it.

"I make no promises until I actually meet him, Keith." So it was a man. "Is he treating you right?" There was a bit of a playful threat behind her voice, but in the end she would more than likely kick or worse anyone that might have hurt him in some way.

"Does he at least have a name, or did you want to wait until I actually see him?" The teasing tone had given way for more curiosity. Keith's father had said curiosity killed the cat, but she needed to know, and she was going to push for as much information as she could and see if Keith would answer her questions. .

WHY DOES SICK LYNN = POSTING LYNN
BY MITZI

Syzygy

โ™‚

Racer

as played by SNOW
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age โˆž

awards

Jul 9 2018, 07:56 AM
A smile would form, thinking of the man that had somehow captured his heart and had pulled in him like a spider would a fly. He sighed, he had been so down, so lost without Shiro that he had clung to Lotor. He still didn't understand why the man wanted him, but he would never turn him away, not for anything... or so he thought. He was where he was because of Lotor, and everything that he had done for him.

"What look? Mom, there is no look." He said with a dull look, before sighing and looking forward, his cheeks blooming red as he turned his head away. He wasn't thinking about how Lotor had lavished him with love and adoration, nope. How the man pulled him into cardinal sin, beautiful and so wonderful. He could never tell his mother that, it would be far too awkward. He was her Kit, and you just didn't tell your mother such things....

Offering her a sly smirk, Keith would tilt his head back some, "Of course he is. He's got money to burn. He bought me the condo I live in with Lance, and he's bought me my bikes, some clothes, and helped me a lot." He would smile down at his bike, his fingers running over the cherry red paint job as his gaze softened. He didn't know if it was love, or a deep admiration. But the man meant so much to him...

Ushering a sigh, he would look to his wolf and tilt his head, "Bork, common. Let's get you out of the road..." He glanced at his mother and just sighed. He wondered how she would feel about him dating the Galran emperor, wondered if she would scold him or just be in shock. He was at such a high station, and he was just a half breed. He seemed to contemplate telling her before his lips parted, "It's Lotor, Krolia. I'm dating Lotor..."

Syzygy

VOLTRON

IN THE THOUSANDS

โ™€

SOLDIER

as played by Lynn
Player Pronouns She/Her
Player Age 27

awards

Jul 9 2018, 06:00 PM
Krolia chuckled as she said, "That look." She said again, indicating the blush that had crossed Keith's face. The first time his father had had that look around her, she'd thought him ill, but Kogane had explained blushing to her, and she learned something new about human emotions and the reactions they caused.

It almost seemed that Krolia might...approve of this boyfriend of Keith's. When had her baby grown up so fast?

"He sounds like he does take care of you." She nodded thoughtfully and almost missed the name a few moments later, and the sound of that name stopped her in her tracks.

Surely he didn't mean the disgraceful emperor? The Galra who was more responsible for the destruction of much of the Altean race than his father? Surely...

"The emperor." She was doing her best not to let her rage enter her voice, and she wasn't sure if she was succeeding. It was difficult to reign it in. Keith had gotten some of his temper from her, and it was beginning to show here.

After a few moment, she took a deep breath and continued. "So it's Lotor." Her voice was a bit more calm, but she didn't want to be calm. She wanted to reach out and shake her son for being in such a dangerous relationship. She went over Keith's words in her head and it seemed Lotor was being nice, but she couldn't help but wonder if there were any ulterior motives behind his actions.

After all he'd done, why was he being so nice? "I think...I'd like to have some words with him." The way she said "words" left some things ambiguous, but did hint as to some of her intentions. She didn't want to break it to Keith yet, but at the same time she wondered if it would be better to have it broken to him by his...boyfriend.

This could prove to be disastrous, or it could prove to be beneficial. .

UH OH THE BEGINNING OF THE END
BY MITZI

Syzygy

โ™‚

Racer

as played by SNOW
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age โˆž

awards

Jul 11 2018, 06:41 AM
There was a moment's hesitation. After spending two years with the woman, he had learnt much about her. And one of those things was that he had inherited her temper. He could see she was holding it down, carefully, and he could not help but wonder why Lotor was such a sore point for the woman--

But it wasn't just her, he noticed. Even Lance seemed to be keeping something when it came to the man, and it hurt. His best friend, now his mother? It was getting frustrating, so very much so. He would frown and cross his arms, "You, too? Look, I get it, Lotor is the Emperor of the Galra Empire. But he's not a bad man! He's done so much good, and his aim is peace, just like ours! He wants to stop the war, end the fighting!"

Keith would shift and start pushing his bike again, "Lance has something against Lotor, I get that. Lotor was close to Allura and Lance was jealous or some shit. But I don't understand why you hate him too! Why won't ANYONE tell me that the ACTUAL FUCK they are thinking!?" The man would just be seething. The Lotor he knew was good, he was kind, giving, soft, sweet and so gentle. He was giving, wonderful... Keith couldn't help but fall for him-- someone like him, a half breed who wanted nothing more than to save the universe.

And in Ipsum, he had done nothing, nothing but good. But now, here his family, his friends stood and looked at him sideways for dating the man. Like there was some big conspiracy that he was being left out of. First Lance, now his mother--

He hated it.

Syzygy

VOLTRON

IN THE THOUSANDS

โ™€

SOLDIER

as played by Lynn
Player Pronouns She/Her
Player Age 27

awards

Jul 15 2018, 01:07 AM
And there it was, that temper that he'd gotten from both her and his father. She'd gone through a similar emotion when she thought that his father had died in the attack on the blue lion while they were all on Earth. She was afraid for his father back then, and she was afraid for her son now, but Krolia couldn't blame Keith for being mad at her. He'd seemed to have found love in someone, but it seemed he didn't know. Time was a fickle fiend in the best of times, and she'd heard that people that came from the same worlds came from different times. This wasn't as clear before as it was now, and it made her heart ache to know that she was going to be the one to break it to Keith.

"You don't know." It was a statement, not a question, and there was a wealth of meaning behind those words, but it was much too late to take everything back now that she'd gone down this road.

With a deep breath, Krolia took the plunge and continued. No turning back now "It's more than what he's done in the past at this point, Keith." Krolia paused, not quite knowing how to word this.

She was used to subterfuge and espionage and this was going against all that she had done as a spy, but this was her son and she couldn't just lie to him.

Krolia looked toward where Bork had gone for a moment and a bit of a calculated expression crossed her face. She had some idea of what time Keith had come from if he didn't know about what Lotor had done. Their arrival times in Ipsum were not that far apart, but Keith had been ripped from space earlier than she had.

"Keith, maybe it's better to have Lotor explain things to you." Whether or not she would try gutting the former emperor remained to be seen or depended on what he said in response to her...questions. "He has a lot of explaining to do and it would be better if you were there as well. He needs to explain everything he's done in our world." She was trying to dodge a bullet but she didn't want to stoke the fires of her son's already fraying temper.

STILL THE BEGINNING OF THE END
BY MITZI

Syzygy

โ™‚

Racer

as played by SNOW
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age โˆž

awards

Jul 17 2018, 02:45 PM
"TCH!" That was hardly what he wanted to hear. But it struck him in a place he didn't think he could feel pain from anymore. Lotor was hidding something from him, and it hurt him deeply. But what was worse was the Krolia wouldn't tell him what that was. He closed his eyes, his teeth gritting as his fingers balled into a fist. Why did no one want to tell him what the hell was going on? Clearly, Lotor was keeping something from him, something his mother and Lance knew but were unwilling to say--

Was it that horrible? Or was it that they didn't want to hurt him? What, was he married to Allura? That was all he could fathom that would warrant this kind of ire from Lance... Lotor had done so much to help them, so much to make sure that everything was falling into place. and in Ipsum-- In Ipsum, he did so much good for the city, and worked hard for the people of Syzygy and the city to make sure their desires were met, their needs fulfilled.

But the fact that something was hidden from him meant-- Lotor was lying to him. His fist loosened as that realisation hit him like a punch to the gut. He exhaled and opening his eyes after lifting his head upward to the clouds. He just looked up as he realised that he was being lied too... And he didn't understand why. He had done so much for Lotor, given him so much... What could be so horrible that he could not be told? His gaze cast to his mother, the anger given way to his pain. Violet eyes looking at the woman that bore him with so much pain. Threatening tears.

Keith was heartbroken, "Mom... What did he do? Why would he hide it from me? Why would he lie to me?"

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Welcome to Lorem Ipsum's cbox! It might seem quiet, that's because we're happily chatting away on the Discord Server! Link above! However, if you wish to chat here, please feel free to leave a message, we don't bite! We'll happily chat here as well! Please be sure to read the rules! We're excited to have you!