welcome to lorem (ipsum)!

Ipsum. A mega-city that is located beachside, with mountains and a river surrounding its expansive homes and towering buildings. The city is beyond beautiful... yet none of the residents have any idea how they arrived, and have yet to leave, because Ipsum is a city you can never leave -- not by choice. People appear here without any knowledge where they are, no one knows what country or world they are even in. Yet, the city still provides for her people. Jobs, homes, goods are all readily available, and there is a place for everyone, be it the good or bad — Ipsum shall provide.

Please make yourself at home… you will not be returning to yours any time soon.

We are an Intermediate to Advanced RP Forum that offers a sandbox world for our members to play in with plot driven events! Please read all the rules before joining, and please be sure to register your OOC account first, with your name, then please register your character account in PROPER CAPITALISATION after you make a reserve. Please ensure you have registered with the proper naming convinctions of your character's country. We have no word count, we are rated L3|S3|V3, and are pleased to have you join us.

CURRENT EVENT: FESTIVAL OF FLOWERS

AUGUST 5: With the new CREDITS STORE now in use, all active accounts will be receiving 500 credits as a gift to get everyone started!

AUGUST 1: SPOTLIGHT NOMINATIONS are up! Nominate before the 7th!

JULY 24: ACTIVITY CHECK IS UP! Thank you for checking in guys! There's also been an update to how we handle MEMBER CLAIMS.

JULY 19: RULES UPDATE: We will now allow Silent Protags on a case by case basis. Please use the inquiry forum if you wish to apply for one of these.

JULY 14: RULES UPDATE: You must have a reservation. If you have not had a reservation in 10 days, your app will be dropped. If you have not had a reservation for a month, character account will be dropped, even if you have asked to hold the character in a recent Activity Check.

JULY 6: TAG BOX CHANGES We have some updates to our tag box, read about it here

9nadir 17denizen 21syzygy 17xephyr 7zenith 5nether

Add Reply

Darkest Hour Never Comes In the Night, Tag: Alex/Khan

Nether

the evil within

♂

mafia member

as played by Hippo
save me if i become my demons
Player Pronouns she/her
Player Age 29

awards

May 27 2018, 10:16 PM
Alex Mercer

He remembered her face like it was just yesterday, perhaps that was because sometimes it felt like eons ago. However, more often, it felt like very little time had passed at all. When you were kept locked away, your perception of time was distorted to the point where you barely could remember how many hours were in a day. (24 of course, his mind was entirely capable of grasping such rudimentary knowledge) The events of his childhood might have broken a less intelligent man, but Ruben luckily knew that he was gifted in droves with intelligence.

His own mind strengthened and evolved, grew even beyond the minds of everyone else. He developed his knowledge and his will, and now he was a god in a new world. However, he might be a god, but he was missing one thing. His queen. His beautiful queen, whose name he already knew. It was wrapped around his mind like a sieve strangling every other thought from him at the moment. He could barely focus on his experiments, the rat that he'd been interrogating forgotten for the moment. The man was moaning in agony, and all Ruben could do was wish he'd shut up for a moment. It was hard to focus on the memory of her favorite song with all the racket.

He grabbed his hood, covered his face and climbed the ladder out of the make-shift facility he'd made under the ground for his test subjects and into the night sky. He lay on the ground staring up at the sky, his head resting on his hands, humming softly the tune to Clair De Lune. He remembered her dragging him from an experiment once to dance with her under the moonlight, laughing as he stepped on her toes. A soft smile curved up the corners of his scarred face, one of the few genuine ones he'd ever have. She'd been so pure and full of light, as like to blind his tormented soul.

However, his emotions were only full of rage, no sadness as he chewed at his lip, tasting the copper of blood in his mouth. The men who'd destroyed the barn, they'd deserved to die screaming. Like her, she'd cooked and he'd smelled her flesh burning, heard her screaming. It had been a symphony of death unable to be recreated though he'd tried. His experiments screamed, but it was never loud enough to drown the memories of her screams.

He stood to his feet, phasing out of existence only to reappear a few feet away, striding forward towards a person who as of yet he'd not actually noticed. When he blinked again, he appeared standing right next to them, gazing down, a cruel smirk on his distorted face. "Ought not to be out here at this time of night. Statistics state that you are most likely to die after dark. My statistics, research. These things are to be believed unless you are ignorant of the facts." It was not the warning it seemed.

He had no intention of letting this person live beyond the evening to learn from a warning.

OOC Note: note that any thread with this character might have potential triggers, so if you are easily upset, this might not be the thread for you. Your character is welcome to be the person he's addressing or just near enough to hear it.

Zenith

[PROTOTYPE]

TWENTY-NINE (IMMORTAL)

♂

supervillain

as played by KHAN
Digging in like a parasite, feeding off what I keep inside. Manifest when I'm throwing trust, to the cold and the nebulous. Something's changing, rearranging me. Amputating what I no longer need.
Player Pronouns she/her
Player Age 25

awards

May 28 2018, 02:55 AM
my organs move like a squirm of eels
Further into the dumps, the walking infected scatter. They mull around and groan as their bottomless hunger lurches, but there is no one around to sate it. No more living flesh; no more they could find yet. A great majority of them had been destroyed, to his pleasant surprise, by the superhuman creature in the red coat. The hive king meanders along the rooftop of an abandoned factory building, his blue gaze pensive beneath the shadow of his hood. He had tested a theory that normal humans could be infected, and they had been. But not superhuman people, as far as he can tell. It's very fascinating, the way their weak genetics reacts in comparison to resilient and super genetics.

Soon, he watches day shift into sunset; the blood-red light of the sun painting the dead bodies, blood-spattered streets and aimlessly stumbling infected in a deadly red glow. From sunset, he watches the skies darken and darkness fall over the infected. His replicated sneakers jump against a cracked pipe between buildings, and then leap off of a disturbed, rusted metal ladder clinging to the side of a crumbled building as he climbs higher. Mercer, for whatever reason, tends to enjoy looking down on the world from above. It puts things into a different perspective; that he is above humanity, always looking down at them. As a god, as an outsider? Perhaps, but he doesn't wish to rejoin them any longer.

He is ambling towards the ledge of some structural damage that stretches out from a broken rooftop, bathed only in the light of the moon, when he catches sight of something moving. A shadow, a blur of movement; something that doesn't seem to fit. Standing at the edge, dangerously close to plummeting some thirty feet and yet unafraid, he turns to see someone abruptly appear next to him. It would even seem as though he is looking at himself, but the difference is that this person is wearing tattered clothing with a hood pulled low over his face. Alex is dressed in clean, seemingly new civilian clothes with his hood pulled over his face.

His expression remains deadpan, though his gaze calculating, as he takes a step back to really scrutinize this strange individual. What the hell is he looking at? When the man speaks, Mercer pauses and then laughs scornfully. "Is that so? I've seen more than enough of that to believe your statistics are accurate." This man has a hidden motive, and Mercer can sense that he isn't simply here to warn him. He's got the stance and look of a hunter, like Mercer. A hunter seeking prey, but Mercer refuses to be the prey.

"If you're here to demonstrate, you should be careful." He warns, just as black tentacles begin to peel away from his flesh and the leather jacket on his shoulders, squirming and quivering menacingly.

we should be more adventurous with our meals
BY MITZI | Ruben Victoriano

Nether

the evil within

♂

mafia member

as played by Hippo
save me if i become my demons
Player Pronouns she/her
Player Age 29

awards

Jun 29 2018, 12:25 AM
Alex Mercer Sorry for the wait darling, stressful month or two as you know, hopefully we can keep this going at a better pace now that things have gotten better, thanks for your patience <3

Ruben had noticed the infected wandering the dump, but he'd pushed them to the back of his mind. He hadn't known if they were from someone like him, they looked somewhat like his haunted. Creatures that were made manifest by his will. His godhood in this world, was more cemented than his own. After all, he'd been connected to STEM in his own world, the only reason he'd been able to manifest his will. Here, he was not connected to the machine, so did that mean he had substance. Was he a real being here and not some "ghost." Those were questions for the more philosophical mind. While he enjoyed reading and learning about such things, they were not his forte. Not his expertise. No, psychology, biology, the way the human mind worked while afraid, the amount of darkness a body could take before breaking. Those were the things that interested him.

When he found the man he'd approached, Ruben had materialized in front of him, ready for another test subject. Someone else to put through the experiments he'd been doing here outside of his line of work for the local gang. After all, he wanted to get his sister back, more than anything, that had always been his purpose. To get his body back and then to bring his Laura back in more than just the shadowed form he already could. He'd lost all his research the day he'd come here. It was devastating, years of work, of data, gone.

Still, he had to admit that his mind broke from the normal line of thinking as soon as the tentacles stripped away from the man's flesh. This man was different, was something more, like him. Something beyond human, and Ruben's scientific mind was extremely intrigued. "My mistake, I thought you were like them. The clueless masses. It seems I was incorrect."

Still, he cannot let the man think he is the same as the others either. A small pool of blood appears beside and ahead of him, the drops drifting up from it almost as if in an anti-gravitational field. Out of them crawls a long-limbed spider like beast, a woman with spider like physiology, screaming as she drags herself from the ground. Her long black hair hangs in her face as she stands, looming, ready for orders. Ruben calls her to him and she turns darting forward with extreme agility to stand beside him. She is a poor substitute for his Laura but he would never say that to the creature's face.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Welcome to Lorem Ipsum's cbox! It might seem quiet, that's because we're happily chatting away on the Discord Server! Link above! However, if you wish to chat here, please feel free to leave a message, we don't bite! We'll happily chat here as well! Please be sure to read the rules! We're excited to have you!