welcome to lorem (ipsum)!

Ipsum. A mega-city that is located beachside, with mountains and a river surrounding its expansive homes and towering buildings. The city is beyond beautiful... yet none of the residents have any idea how they arrived, and have yet to leave, because Ipsum is a city you can never leave -- not by choice. People appear here without any knowledge where they are, no one knows what country or world they are even in. Yet, the city still provides for her people. Jobs, homes, goods are all readily available, and there is a place for everyone, be it the good or bad โ€” Ipsum shall provide.

Please make yourself at homeโ€ฆ you will not be returning to yours any time soon.

We are an Intermediate to Advanced RP Forum that offers a sandbox world for our members to play in with plot driven events! Please read all the rules before joining, and please be sure to register your OOC account first, with your name, then please register your character account in PROPER CAPITALISATION after you make a reserve. Please ensure you have registered with the proper naming convinctions of your character's country. We have no word count, we are rated L3|S3|V3, and are pleased to have you join us.

CURRENT EVENT: FESTIVAL OF FLOWERS

AUGUST 5: With the new CREDITS STORE now in use, all active accounts will be receiving 500 credits as a gift to get everyone started!

AUGUST 1: SPOTLIGHT NOMINATIONS are up! Nominate before the 7th!

JULY 24: ACTIVITY CHECK IS UP! Thank you for checking in guys! There's also been an update to how we handle MEMBER CLAIMS.

JULY 19: RULES UPDATE: We will now allow Silent Protags on a case by case basis. Please use the inquiry forum if you wish to apply for one of these.

JULY 14: RULES UPDATE: You must have a reservation. If you have not had a reservation in 10 days, your app will be dropped. If you have not had a reservation for a month, character account will be dropped, even if you have asked to hold the character in a recent Activity Check.

JULY 6: TAG BOX CHANGES We have some updates to our tag box, read about it here

9nadir 17denizen 21syzygy 17xephyr 7zenith 5nether

Add Reply

[open] it's the little things

Denizen

Voltron: Legendary Defenders

โ™‚

Lifeguard

as played by Roswell
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age โˆž

awards

Mar 24 2018, 06:14 AM
@[username]
notes here, you can technically make these as long as you want, the box will stretch
If he could see it every day, was it any wonder he would gravitate to the water at every chance? It had been so long since he'd had the luxury of an ocean so close, even all that time spent camping out in Red on Minima had not ruined his love of the beach. It had been the best part of staying there. The fact he could spend an entire day swimming, if he so chose.

Dressed casually, just jeans and a tee, he walked barefoot along the line where the waves met the sand. The cuffs of his pants had been rolled up to mid-calf, socks stuffed into the shoes that hung from one hand. It wasn't home, but it was something close.

After a while, his attention drifted from watching the water lapping over his feet, to idly searching the sand for shells. If there was a beach, there had to be seashells, right? Would they look anything like the ones he had known on Earth?

The first he found actually did seem to resemble something like a scallop and he moved to set his shoes down a safe distance from the water before returning to the shell. Plucking it from the sand, he would move to rinse it in the water before straightening up and turning it over in his fingers. Lance didn't know much about biology and evolution and why animals might take the shapes they did, even across multiple universes, all he knew was it was yet another familiar thing that made being in a strange world a little easier.

leto

Nether

Free! Etenal Summer

โ™‚

swim free

as played by Snow
I only swim free
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age โˆž

awards

Mar 25 2018, 04:09 PM
Walking along the beach was calming for the teen, his eyes focused on the water as his eyes wavered. There was a love affair there, one that would last until he was old and grey, a respect and an understanding that ran as deep as her trenches. He could feel her gentle caress as he walked along her shores, hear her whispers in the wind.

Haruka wore a simple blue shirt with half sleeves, his legs pressed into a pair of Rin's jeans. In his fingers dangled a pair of his own shoes, brand new and still pristine. Toes pressed to the sands as he walked along the beach, his eyes lifting from the ebb and flow only when movement in his peripheral caught his attention. Those jewelled blues lifted to fall upon the teen, not much older than him... collecting shells.

Now, Haruka usually was not one to talk to others, let alone strangers. However, the sight before him was so... queer and heartwarming. It reminded him of home, in a way, of being bored at the beachside so plucking up as many sand stars and starfish as they could find, keeping the dead ones and tossing back the living into the oceans. He had yet to see a sand star here, only shells. Walking forward, the dolphin stood before the man, before looking down at his hand.

"Seeking a pearl?" It seemed like a logical quest. Why else would anyone want a broken shell like this?

tag: [Lance Mcclain]
notes: Casually... tosses another of my muses at you... I thought they might get each other hahaha -walks away-

OUR LOVE IS UNTOUCHABLE
When the world shakes us Trying to take us out of line-- Fear of tomorrow, feelings we borrow for a time. Water so deep, how do we breathe? How do we climb? So we stay in this mess, This beautiful mess tonight, and we don't have a thing to lose. No matter what they say or do; I don't want nothing more--
by xion of sonder

Denizen

โ™‚

Lifeguard

as played by Roswell
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age โˆž

awards

Mar 26 2018, 06:10 AM
notes here, you can technically make these as long as you want, the box will stretch
If it was actually a scallop, or just similar in shape, he couldn't begin to guess. Fingers traced the ridges of shell lightly, memories of his hometown swimming to the surface. Days spent on the beach, from dawn to dusk sometimes, beach games and contests to see who could collect the most shells before their parents called them home. Diving for living ocean creatures, trying to smuggle starfish home in his pockets.

The voice surprised him, he'd been so distracted by the overwhelming nostalgia for a home he may never see again. Lance blinked, and pulled on a grin, "Nah, nothin' left in it to hold a pearl." The creature that had owned the shell was long dead, all the soft parts gone and whatever pearls might have been were likely either in something's stomach or resting on the sea floor.

Still, he remained reluctant to give it back to the ocean. "I thought, it's a beach, so there should be shells, ya know. I was right," he shrugged, pocketing the maybe-scallop shell. While he didn't doubt Keith had seen a seashell in his life, one way or another, he doubted his friend had ever experienced picking them right off the beach, bringing them home with the smell of brine still clinging to them. The ones you found in gift shops, or craft stores, or anywhere not within a mile of the beach just weren't the same. They seemed...more dead, too processed, too preserved.

leto

Nether

Free! Etenal Summer

โ™‚

swim free

as played by Snow
I only swim free
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age โˆž

awards

Apr 14 2018, 09:04 PM
AND I KNOW THAT I WON'T BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU
Don't let this moment slip away...
Tilting his form forward, the teen's head tilted a bit as he watched the tanner male care about shells. Haruka had never been into the things, that was something he would expect of Rin, however. Kneeling down, fingers gingerly plucked from the sands another shell, one that was small-- the size of a single yen and boasting muted pink and cream colours before holding it out, "I prefer the water to the sand, but it's too cold to swim now." He spoke as he pressed the shell into an open palm.

Oceanic blues tilted as he gazed upon the teen, he looked around the same age as him, yet he seemed to be adjusted to his life here-- Haruka was not. He had taken to a few things, but everything about this place left him confused. It was so western in feeling, and Haru was so used to things being like home, he had always held a difficulty with change. And this change was so stark, he had felt trapped-- but looking at the ocean calmed him. Somewhere, Makoto was looking at the ocean, too. The water was a connection, one he would cling to. Even if he just had Rin here, he was unsure about this place.

"Are you collecting them for yourself?" Haru asked as he lifted another, his mind flitting to Rin. Would Rin like these? Shells were a reminder of home, right? The smell of salt brought out memories, both good and bad, for the dolphin. He wondered if he brought a few home for Rin if the man would object...

Lance Mcclain || Sorry this is late

Denizen

โ™‚

Lifeguard

as played by Roswell
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age โˆž

awards

Apr 26 2018, 05:19 AM
this is late, too, so no worries, lol
Considering the amount of time he'd spent in the water when camping out on Minima, Lance couldn't quite agree it was too cold to swim. Sure, he liked warmer water, but unless it was actually freezing, low temperature alone wasn't enough to keep him on dry land entirely. He accepted the new shell with a shrug and a slight chuckle, turning it over in his fingers, "I was in the ocean nearly every day after I first got here." Only since reuniting with Keith had he slacked off on that. He still visited the beach, yes, but there was less of a need to let himself drift while trying to just not think for a while. The waves helped.

"At first, yeah," when he'd first picked up the scallop shell it was out of his own curiosity and desire for some reminder of home, "but now I'm thinkin' my friend might like to see them." A little hint of the world Lance had known before the Garrison, before space and Voltron and aliens and war.

leto

Nether

Free! Etenal Summer

โ™‚

swim free

as played by Snow
I only swim free
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age โˆž

awards

May 6 2018, 06:52 PM
Sapphire blues flicked back to the ocean before them, looking into the waves with a waver of their jewel tones. Haruka would happily dive into the depths, no matter the temperature or time of year, his love for the water overcame everything that he felt within his soul. However, he had come to the beach just to observe, without a swimsuit or a change of clothes. In knowing that, Haruka had opted to, instead, observe, telling himself the excuse of hypothermia as a means to discourage himself. To become a burden on Rin was something the aquatically inclined teen wished to avoid. So, instead, he stooped to gather yet another shell from the sands, the pad of his thumb rubbing away the grit as he looked upon the yen sized mollusc shell.

"Has your friend never seen a shell before?" Haruka looked toward the tanner male before him, pressing another shell forward to him for his collection. Rin, perhaps he would see the shells as a romatic gesture, or he would find them a bother. It wasn't that he knew, even if he knew Rin very well, he was still a conundrum emotionally for the dolphin-like teen, and they were hard to predict at times. Rin was the kind to cry over spilt milk, yet get angry over the milk being empty. But, honestly, Haruka was never good with emotions, keeping his emotions hidden under the surface so as not to deal with them. It was easier that way...

Denizen

โ™‚

Lifeguard

as played by Roswell
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age โˆž

awards

Jun 7 2018, 07:03 AM
way late, oops
Crouching, he prodded at the sand with a finger, "Well, yeah, he probably has, but not fresh from the ocean." As far as he knew, anyway. It didn't seem likely that Keith had ever taken a moment to just walk the beach, pluck shells from the sand. Which was a shame, honestly, because, to Lance, that was one of the best simple pleasures of life. "And there's a huge difference between one right off the beach and one out of, like, a gift shop or something way inland." There really was, he wasn't crazy.

Leaning back, he let himself fall to sit. With someone else present, it was easier to resist letting himself drift into memories of Earth. He had no idea where the other guy came from (planet or universe or reality), but it hardly mattered except for the curiosity about another person's home. He glanced to the stranger, offering a bright and friendly grin, "Hey, I'm Lance, by the way." Maybe that wouldn't matter either, maybe they'd never see each other again, but he always liked to hope. For repeat meetings, for new friends, for some kind of connection to ease the stress of being stuck someplace so very far from anything he'd ever called home.

leto

Nether

Free! Etenal Summer

โ™‚

swim free

as played by Snow
I only swim free
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age โˆž

awards

Jun 21 2018, 07:42 PM
Looking up from the sands, there was a pause as the Japanese male quickly stood upright, to offer a respectful bow to the male, "I am Nanase Haruka. You can call me Haru, though." He said, before standing back upright and dropping to his knees to scan the sands for yet another shell. Aquamarines widened a moment before his fingers dove into the sand and pulled from it a brownish white sand dollar. He looked up at the male and offered it out.

"Lucky find. Your friend might enjoy this as well." He would look about some more. There were so many questions he had for the tanned male, from simple to complex. Where was he from? Had his friend never seen a beach before? But instead, different words fell from his lips after a long, silent moment, "Do you have a way to display these?" If they were a gift, they would need to be properly displayed. In a way that his friend could not refuse them.

Denizen

โ™‚

Lifeguard

as played by Roswell
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age โˆž

awards

Jul 10 2018, 04:47 AM
There was a flash of surprise at the sudden movement as the other male stood and bowed and he might have thought it odd if he hadn't already met one or two that introduced themselves in a similar way. "Haru, okay. Nice meetin' ya, Haru," Lance grinned, hopeful he might have made a new friend - or, at the least, friendly acquaintance - who wouldn't disappear on him. He couldn't remember the last time he'd even heard from Ren.

"Oh cool!" taking the sand dollar, he turned it over in his hand, "You sure you don't want it yourself, though?" It wasn't a common find, and Haru had been the one to fish it out of the sand. So, if he wanted it, Lance would hand it over no problem. The following question earned a little shrug, though, "I thought about, like...a jar...or something...maybe a bowl?" Saying it out loud, it sounded a little lame, but he hadn't set out with the idea to turn a small collection into some elaborate gift. He'd just wanted to share a little piece of his own nostalgia with his friend. "Unless you have a better idea?" He was definitely open to suggestion with this one.

leto

Nether

Free! Etenal Summer

โ™‚

swim free

as played by Snow
I only swim free
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age โˆž

awards

Jul 11 2018, 08:44 PM
The dolphinic-teen would shake his head a few times, pressing the sand dollar back to the male, "I grew up on the beach. I have seen many of these. But your friend... You said he has never seen a beach. How is that possible? These will be a good gift." He would look back down, his mind on thinking about a proper display for such trinkets. A jar with a ribbon around it would make for a nice display, but some of the shells would become hidden. There was a thought, but it would require a trip to a craft store.

"You could get a unique vase, one with an open face, and layer sand along the bottom, then arrange the shells in it." Lance was lucky, Haruka had an artistic view of things. Pulling up a stick, he started to sketch his idea in the sand, "A vase like this, sands to here, then the slammer shells up front. We could look for larger shells to put in the back. If we could find a conch shell, that would be a nice touch, and maybe a starfish." the idea was etched in the sand as he explained his idea, before looking up at the tanned male, "What do you think?"

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Welcome to Lorem Ipsum's cbox! It might seem quiet, that's because we're happily chatting away on the Discord Server! Link above! However, if you wish to chat here, please feel free to leave a message, we don't bite! We'll happily chat here as well! Please be sure to read the rules! We're excited to have you!