welcome to lorem (ipsum)!

Ipsum. A mega-city that is located beachside, with mountains and a river surrounding its expansive homes and towering buildings. The city is beyond beautiful... yet none of the residents have any idea how they arrived, and have yet to leave, because Ipsum is a city you can never leave -- not by choice. People appear here without any knowledge where they are, no one knows what country or world they are even in. Yet, the city still provides for her people. Jobs, homes, goods are all readily available, and there is a place for everyone, be it the good or bad — Ipsum shall provide.

Please make yourself at home… you will not be returning to yours any time soon.

We are an Intermediate to Advanced RP Forum that offers a sandbox world for our members to play in with plot driven events! Please read all the rules before joining, and please be sure to register your OOC account first, with your name, then please register your character account in PROPER CAPITALISATION after you make a reserve. Please ensure you have registered with the proper naming convinctions of your character's country. We have no word count, we are rated L3|S3|V3, and are pleased to have you join us.

CURRENT EVENT: FESTIVAL OF FLOWERS

AUGUST 5: With the new CREDITS STORE now in use, all active accounts will be receiving 500 credits as a gift to get everyone started!

AUGUST 1: SPOTLIGHT NOMINATIONS are up! Nominate before the 7th!

JULY 24: ACTIVITY CHECK IS UP! Thank you for checking in guys! There's also been an update to how we handle MEMBER CLAIMS.

JULY 19: RULES UPDATE: We will now allow Silent Protags on a case by case basis. Please use the inquiry forum if you wish to apply for one of these.

JULY 14: RULES UPDATE: You must have a reservation. If you have not had a reservation in 10 days, your app will be dropped. If you have not had a reservation for a month, character account will be dropped, even if you have asked to hold the character in a recent Activity Check.

JULY 6: TAG BOX CHANGES We have some updates to our tag box, read about it here

9nadir 17denizen 21syzygy 17xephyr 7zenith 5nether

Add Reply

Whatever it Takes, Otabek && Open

Denizen

Yuri!!! on Ice

M.A.U. Student/Athlete

as played by Snow
The sunshine riptide. You came in like a wave when I was feeling alright.
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age

awards

Jul 7 2018, 07:29 AM
I feel alive when I’m close to the madness
No easy love could ever make me feel the same
Open
notes:
Recycling This
No matter the stress, no matter the worries-- There was always one thing that calmed the Kazakh man, when all else failed, he would seek out ice. He worried what would become of Four Seasons with him gone, the fourth place winner was still an honour among how many skaters in the world? There was never time to rest, he couldn't let his skill diminish here, if he was ever to return home rusty no one would forgive him.

Pressing his headphones into his ears, he pressed play and started a warm up. It was simple skate backwards and stretches. He had come to the Rink at 6 am and explained who he was to the people who were opening. He explained that the world he was from, he was a figure skater, and begged to use the rink before it was open to the general public. They had almost turned him away, but when he promised them a show, they considered.

So, it was a show he must provide.

His audience of three watched as he did his short warm-up, introducing himself to the ice and getting used to how it felt before he slid into the midpoint. There was a pause before he lifted his arms and started his routine-- what he had so far for the next season. It was another power song, yet it was a love ballad, a story of a knight meeting a fae and falling in love. His first jump was a salchow, three spins, followed by a simple double axel. It was an easy land, his hands extended instead of tucked as he pressed forward, his footwork flawless.

He only stumbled once, but to his spectators-- untrained eyes, he figured, it was fine. It was still a new routine, not one pressed into memory yet, just a sketch of memory. The lines were broken and unsure, things could still be altered and changed until he pressed down the ink to make his lines permanent.

Coming to an end, the workers informed the man he was appreciated with applause and a whistle. Skating to the two women and the young man, he was panting but held a gentle smile, "Hello! Thank you for cheering."

And with their approval and promise to pass the news forward, Otabek had a training grounds-- one he took advantage of way past opening. Working on Seung Gil's groundbreaking jump was all he could do. He wanted the Quad. He needed it in his arsenal, he would not let JJ, Yuuri or even Yuri beat him again... So even though he fell on his ass with only 3 and a half spins, he was pulling himself up again to lay up for another axel with other skaters sticking to the sidewalls.

Denizen

Fire Emblem: Fates

Performer

as played by Nara
Embrace the dark you call a home. Gaze upon an empty white throne. A legacy of lies, a familiar disguise. Sing with me a song of Conquest and Fate. The pillar crumbles beneath it's weight. Night breaks through the gloom, hard as a stone. Lost in thoughts, all alone.
Player Pronouns she/her
Player Age 16

awards

Jul 20 2018, 12:48 AM
the cavalry arrives we'll run into the night
The idea of frozen water used for recreational purposes was intriguing to her. Only those in the far north had abilities capable of creating ice frozen like this as no other climate had the correct conditions. Not Nohr and certainly not Hoshido. It was her sense of curiosity which brought Azura to the rink today, to see what all of this 'technology' had managed to do for indoor events.

It was nothing like she was expecting, to say the least.

Her dress wasn't one that was appropriate for the temperatures, even if she wasn't wearing her performance outfit. Jeans and a tight singlet shirt were not the best choice, leading to the songstress wrapping her arms around each other to keep in any warmth she could. Her flat shoes made crunching noises beneath her as she walked over to the barrier where two others had gathered, watching someone out in the center of the ice.

Azura's breath hitched as she watched - the performance was incredible to say the least. It was like watching one of her own performances, but instead of leaping across a stage it was over an icy surface. Her admiration for this person continued to grow, as she understood how difficult it was to perform on a solid surface much less a cold, hard and slippery one.

With the other two, she would applaud when the routine was complete before he would move away to continue practice. As he came closer to the barrier the songstress would place her hands on the edge of said barrier, smiling in his direction. "That was impressive. I doubt many people would be able to attempt such moves. I doubt I would have the courage to do so."

Otabek Altin | hallu swooping this

Denizen

Yuri!!! on Ice

M.A.U. Student/Athlete

as played by Snow
The sunshine riptide. You came in like a wave when I was feeling alright.
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age

awards

Aug 3 2018, 07:35 PM
I feel alive when I’m close to the madness
No easy love could ever make me feel the same
notes:
This took to long sorry ;;
Noticing the other observer, Otabek shifted his skates to a stop, his eyes falling upon the blue-haired woman with a bit of shock. Not the colour of her hair, no. After years in both America and Canada, he was quite used to odd hair colours and even fashions. While her state of dress was strange indeed, he was more worried that she was cold over the fact that she wore something so odd. Yet, he was here in a t-shirt and just a pair of sweatpants. Her outfit would be passable on the ice as a skating outfit--

No, it was her words. He would tilt his head some, mouth opening a moment before he shifted to skate to her and tilt his head. It was clear with those words that they came from two different worlds, and he was amused, "

I take it where you are from, figure skating is not a popular sport.. Where I am from, it's quite popular-- and there are hundreds if not thousands of figure skaters in all the nations." He would smile a bit and tilt his head some.

"It's not as hard as it seems, it's about balance, and forging a relationship with the ice. Each rink is different, has its own personality. Once you learn that personality, you can do anything." He explained, before scratching at his cheek, "That sounds foolish, I know. But how most in my sport feel..." He would glance to the smaller woman and tilt his head, "Would you like to learn?"

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Welcome to Lorem Ipsum's cbox! It might seem quiet, that's because we're happily chatting away on the Discord Server! Link above! However, if you wish to chat here, please feel free to leave a message, we don't bite! We'll happily chat here as well! Please be sure to read the rules! We're excited to have you!