welcome to lorem (ipsum)!

Ipsum. A mega-city that is located beachside, with mountains and a river surrounding its expansive homes and towering buildings. The city is beyond beautiful... yet none of the residents have any idea how they arrived, and have yet to leave, because Ipsum is a city you can never leave -- not by choice. People appear here without any knowledge where they are, no one knows what country or world they are even in. Yet, the city still provides for her people. Jobs, homes, goods are all readily available, and there is a place for everyone, be it the good or bad — Ipsum shall provide.

Please make yourself at home… you will not be returning to yours any time soon.

We are an Intermediate to Advanced RP Forum that offers a sandbox world for our members to play in with plot driven events! Please read all the rules before joining, and please be sure to register your OOC account first, with your name, then please register your character account in PROPER CAPITALISATION after you make a reserve. Please ensure you have registered with the proper naming convinctions of your character's country. We have no word count, we are rated L3|S3|V3, and are pleased to have you join us.

CURRENT EVENT: FESTIVAL OF FLOWERS

AUGUST 5: With the new CREDITS STORE now in use, all active accounts will be receiving 500 credits as a gift to get everyone started!

AUGUST 1: SPOTLIGHT NOMINATIONS are up! Nominate before the 7th!

JULY 24: ACTIVITY CHECK IS UP! Thank you for checking in guys! There's also been an update to how we handle MEMBER CLAIMS.

JULY 19: RULES UPDATE: We will now allow Silent Protags on a case by case basis. Please use the inquiry forum if you wish to apply for one of these.

JULY 14: RULES UPDATE: You must have a reservation. If you have not had a reservation in 10 days, your app will be dropped. If you have not had a reservation for a month, character account will be dropped, even if you have asked to hold the character in a recent Activity Check.

JULY 6: TAG BOX CHANGES We have some updates to our tag box, read about it here

9nadir 17denizen 21syzygy 17xephyr 7zenith 5nether

Add Reply

Lara Croft, Hippo [Tomb Raider]

Denizen

tomb raider

♀

adventurer

as played by hippo
waves are crashing over me they drag me down i will not drown
Player Pronouns she/her
Player Age 29

awards

Feb 28 2018, 06:38 PM

lara croft

tomb raider

NICKNAME Little Bird

AGE Twenty-two

RACE Human

GENDER Female.

SEXUALITY Bisexual

JOB Adventurer

USERGROUP Denizen

"We become who we're meant to be. . ."

Panting breaths, feet crunching over leaves and twigs alike

Forget pain, forget fear, there is only me, there is only survival.

The funny thing about adrenaline, about being so scared you aren't even afraid anymore, is that somewhere in between all that drive, the will to survive, the agonizing wounds you sustain, you forget they're there. I should know, I've survived a lot. To think when I set out on that expedition, I wasn't prepared to become a fighter. I didn't even like the idea of the meeting to tell Whitman my plans. I'd used to look up to him, but his temper was quickly making me rethink the view I'd had of him in my head. I had no idea that soon enough I'd despise him more than I'd ever despised anyone. And that was saying something, because I had a whole new group of people coming up to despise.

Sam was the only person that kept me sane before that conversation, telling me I was smart, that my idea was good. Looking back on it, I'm sure she feels differently, this would have never happened if we hadn't followed my ideas. It's no wonder she wants nothing to do with me now. We lost a lot of good people on that mission, Grim, Roth, Alex. A young woman lost her father, I lost the man who'd been like my father. They all sacrificed themselves to save me, to save us. I hope that I can make their sacrifices mean something. I hope my life makes them proud. And now as I journal this, I say my last goodbyes to them. Because I need to refocus, let go of my past, because now I don't have Jonah to carry me. I'm somewhere I've never been before and they're not here, I'm truly alone. Yamatai wasn't as bad as this because I was never completely alone, even in Siberia I had Jonah and Jacob and his people.. However, now I am, but I can't focus on that. So here they are, my final words to each of the people who died on that island. And to the people who made it through or who I met after my experiences there.

Snarling shuffling behind her, running stops, she turns, green skin barreling down on her, a toughened hide, it rears, stomach exposed.

No time to think, only to act.

-Grim-

You were so fearless, I hope someday to be as fearless as you were. I wanted to surrender so badly, to save you. You weren't having any of it, even with blood pouring from your throat you were ten times braver than I could ever hope to be. Whenever I want to have an example of fearlessness I think of you, and the way you plummeted over the edge of that bridge. You may have been dying, but you were taking them with you.

-Alex-

I wish I would have known sooner that you liked me, I would have given us a chance. You didn't have to try to impress me, you could have just talked to me. I was so focused on my research, if you gave hints I didn't see them. I keep wondering if you did, if I was just too centered on the expedition to notice. There's no use wondering what could have been however, because now it's too late for it to ever happen. Now though, if I want to say something to someone I don't hesitate, you never know when your last chance will be. And whenever I want an example of selflessness to follow, I hear that explosion.

-Jacob-

I feel badly for how I put your people in danger when I came looking for the Divine Source. I didn't want to listen, didn't want to hear your warnings and while I convinced myself I was doing it to better civilization I know I was only doing it for myself. I wanted it; I wanted to prove to myself, prove my dad's research, it was done selfishly. I know you understand, and were only trying to teach me from your experience. Your willingness to die after having lived so long, it's an inspiration. I promise from now on, I'll try to listen to someone who might know better than me.

-Whitman-

I don't even think you deserve to be on the same page as these others, so I'll put you on a different one with the other two people who deserve your company.. Your selfish actions almost cost my best friend her life, it did cost you yours. However, you should feel lucky, because I swear if you hadn't been killed by the Stormguard I would have put an arrow through your heart myself. I won't waste more words on you, but I will say that whenever I want an example of everything I shouldn't be, I remember your greedy motivations, the fact that you were willing to sacrifice others for the sake of your own gain.

-Ana-

You stay on the page with Whitman because while I never thought I'd hate someone more than him, you came in close second. I know you loved my father, but it didn't start out that way. You used him, you destroyed him. I don't think he would have died if Trinity hadn't entered his life. Just because you didn't pull the trigger doesn't mean it wasn't your fault and I can never forgive you for that. He died thinking he had a woman who loved him, but in reality, you were never honest with him. If you'd loved him you would have told him the truth, you wouldn't have used me to get what you wanted. I know you were dying and that drove you but the things you did to my father, me, EVEN YOUR BROTHER.....they weren't worth the outcome, the ends don't always justify the means.

-Konstantin-

I won't leave you on the page with your sister because though you were a monster you were driven to it. I do feel badly for you. The fact that you had to find out the truth about her from an enemy, the fact that you actually thought you were doing God's work. I hope you found some form of peace in the afterlife. A purpose there. Ana never should have forced you down that road. Never should have manipulated you like that.

-Roth-

You get your own page too although it's because I feel you earned yours. I don't even know where to start and I'll try to keep this short, I need to hunt for food soon, to try to find shelter. I miss you so much, I wish you were here. You'd know just what to do and we'd get out of this together. You taught me everything, everything I am I became because of you. I wish you would have gotten the chance to find out that you were a father, you would have been an amazing one. . . no. . . you were an amazing one. My father would be so proud of you, you kept your promise to him. You kept me safe until the end, and then you gave your life so I wouldn't die. You're everything I could ever hope to be. I hope you can see me from wherever you are. I hope I make you proud.

And now for those who didn't die.

-Reyes-

You were always hard on me, but you had the right to be. You tried to tell Roth that going to Yamatai was a bad idea. He wouldn't listen, he believed in me and it cost him his life. You loved him, your daughter never will know her father because of me. How could you not be hard on me. I'm so sorry that I cost you everything, thanks for trusting me in the end. Thanks for helping me make it off Yamatai. I hope life gets better for you and that you love again.

-Sam-

I miss you so much Sam, I miss your smile, your carefree happiness, I'm the reason you lost it, no wonder you want nothing to do with me. I hope you're okay in there, you didn't deserve this, you could have been so much more. Someday I hope you can forgive me, that we can talk again. It's seeming less and less likely with this new place I am........ I love you Sam. Just know that.

-Jonah-

Almost losing you in Siberia made me realize how much I respect you. You didn't have to come after me, I told you not to. I should have known you wouldn't listen. You always said that you'd follow me anywhere. You've been the one constant in my life through everything since Yamatai. I wouldn't trade your friendship for anything. I'm especially aware of that now that you're not here. I miss you.

-Sofia-

I'm sorry you lost your father but I know you'll make your people proud. He loved you so much and in the end everything he sacrificed was for you. I know I promised to visit and I'm sorry I can't keep that promise. I wish you luck. Always remember to fight for what's yours, though I hope for your sake your people won't have to fight anymore. That the prophet's people can finally know peace with his death.

-And as a special note to my dad-

Your research was so important, and I always thought that once I figured out everything that it would make losing you hurt less, it didn't. I still miss you dad. I wish I wouldn't have pulled away so much before your death. I didn't understand, I do now, I hope you're proud of me. I know what caused your death now, I know you didn't kill yourself and that is some small closure. I always wondered how you could have done it. I guess now I know. I hope you and mom are together again.

Well, that's it, but now that I think of it, maybe I'm not alone. At least I'll always have the memories of every reason I'm still alive. Every person that died on that island, except Whitman, put something into me. Made me who I am now, and I will survive this too. I won't let their sacrifices be wasted.

Shoulders rear back, the ax strikes, the stomach of the reptile splits, entrails fall, blood coats skin.

The hunter becomes the hunted.

FAVORITE COLOR Red

FAVORITE FOOD She's not picky, she's been through hell and learned to accept what she gets

HOBBIES Adventuring, Research, Reading, The Truth of Myths

LIKES Travelling, Books, Ancient Civilizations

DISLIKES religious zealots, those who betray her friends, monotony, stagnation

DOB Feb 14th

ZODIAC SIGN Aquarius

BLOOD TYPE AB-

ABILITIES Survival Instincts- Lara spent a good amount of time on an island fighting and hiding from crazed cultists and this gave her a chance to hone her survival instincts really well. Because of this, she's very good in a crisis, able to keep her head rather than panicking.

Use of Weapons- Lara is best with a bow but she also has the skill to use a pistol, a rifle sub machine gun, and a shotgun.

Basic hand to hand combat- She is able to hold her own in a unarmed fight, but it isn't the best of situations for her to be in.

High pain tolerance and well honed body- It's very hard to keep her down with injuries, she went through hell on that island and it trained her to be able to deal with agony and function through it. She also has very well honed musculature because of the climbing and jumping she had to do.

STRENGTHS

• Multilingual
  • Dedicated
  • Driven

WEAKNESSES

• Brash
  • Bad at Diplomacy
  • One track mind when on a mission

PULL POINT End of Rise of the Tomb Raider

SORTING While Lara is completely and totally human she does have some things in her arsenal that most people do not. Enhanced endurance, higher pain tolerance, extreme physical fitness, abilities in hunting, tracking, survivalist stuff. As well as her extreme knowledge of various weapons and her ability to use them in very lethal ways. Everything from bows to guns of varying types. She's just an all around badass okay..

as written by

HIPPO

AGE Twenty-nine EXPERIENCE 6 years LOCATION Eastern US player triggers
no hard no's but please let me know if there will be descriptions of burning alive, I need to prepare for it.
other characters
  • Vivi Ornitier
  • Nakajima Atsushi
  • Admin

A Dank River Valley Near You

∞

⚦

Head Admin

as played by just snow
    Not sure I'm there yet but I'm certain I've arrived; Oops I, did it again, I forgot what I was losing my mind about. I only wrote this down to make you press rewind and send a message, "I was young and a menace"
    Player Pronouns Any are fine.
    Player Age 31

awards

Mar 12 2018, 06:30 AM

Accepted

Hippo, this was beautiful. I admittedly have not played Tomb Raider at all, but I don't think there is a person alive who doesn't know the franchise. This being said, the letters to each important character in her life, the dead and alive, the good and the bad, gives such an insight on Lara. On what she's been through and who has impacted her-- sometimes the people in our leave more than impressions, but footprints that mark our person deeply. And this app has shown this. Hopefully, Lara can find some sort of an adventure in Ipsum, because as far as we know, there are no Tombs here.

Welcome to Ipsum Lara Croft! You have been sorted into DENIZEN! Please be sure to fill out your Claims and your Mini Profile, and let us know that you have finished that here, so we can properly sort you!

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Topic Options
    Add Reply

Welcome to Lorem Ipsum's cbox! It might seem quiet, that's because we're happily chatting away on the Discord Server! Link above! However, if you wish to chat here, please feel free to leave a message, we don't bite! We'll happily chat here as well! Please be sure to read the rules! We're excited to have you!