welcome to lorem (ipsum)!

Ipsum. A mega-city that is located beachside, with mountains and a river surrounding its expansive homes and towering buildings. The city is beyond beautiful... yet none of the residents have any idea how they arrived, and have yet to leave, because Ipsum is a city you can never leave -- not by choice. People appear here without any knowledge where they are, no one knows what country or world they are even in. Yet, the city still provides for her people. Jobs, homes, goods are all readily available, and there is a place for everyone, be it the good or bad — Ipsum shall provide.

Please make yourself at home… you will not be returning to yours any time soon.

We are an Intermediate to Advanced RP Forum that offers a sandbox world for our members to play in with plot driven events! Please read all the rules before joining, and please be sure to register your OOC account first, with your name, then please register your character account in PROPER CAPITALISATION after you make a reserve. Please ensure you have registered with the proper naming convinctions of your character's country. We have no word count, we are rated L3|S3|V3, and are pleased to have you join us.

CURRENT EVENT: FESTIVAL OF FLOWERS

AUGUST 5: With the new CREDITS STORE now in use, all active accounts will be receiving 500 credits as a gift to get everyone started!

AUGUST 1: SPOTLIGHT NOMINATIONS are up! Nominate before the 7th!

JULY 24: ACTIVITY CHECK IS UP! Thank you for checking in guys! There's also been an update to how we handle MEMBER CLAIMS.

JULY 19: RULES UPDATE: We will now allow Silent Protags on a case by case basis. Please use the inquiry forum if you wish to apply for one of these.

JULY 14: RULES UPDATE: You must have a reservation. If you have not had a reservation in 10 days, your app will be dropped. If you have not had a reservation for a month, character account will be dropped, even if you have asked to hold the character in a recent Activity Check.

JULY 6: TAG BOX CHANGES We have some updates to our tag box, read about it here

9nadir 17denizen 21syzygy 17xephyr 7zenith 5nether

Add Reply

Tohsaka Rin, Snow [Fate/UBW]

Syzygy

Fate/UBW

M.A.U. Student

as played by Snow
Player Pronouns Any
Player Age 31

awards

Mar 23 2018, 09:18 PM

Tohsaka Rin

Fate/Unlimited Blade Works

NICKNAME Rin-Chan

AGE Seventeen

RACE Human Magus

GENDER Cis Female

SEXUALITY Bisexual

JOB University Student

USERGROUP Syzygy

THAUMATURGY

ᴀ ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ ᴛᴇʀᴍ ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇғᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴠᴇʀᴀʟ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀɴ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟs ᴏғ ᴍᴀɢᴇᴄʀᴀғᴛ sᴜᴄʜ ᴀs ᴀsᴛʀᴏʟᴏɢʏ, ᴋᴀʙʙᴀʟᴀʜ, ᴀʟᴄʜᴇᴍʏ, ᴀɴᴅ sʜɪɴsᴇɴᴅᴏᴜ. ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴄᴇs ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀᴍᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟs, ᴛʜᴇ ғᴜɴᴅᴀᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ ʙᴀsɪs ɪs “ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴠᴇʀᴛ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟ ᴇɴᴇʀɢʏ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜsᴇʀ’s ʙᴏᴅʏ ᴛᴏ ᴛʀᴀɴsғᴏʀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇxᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ”. ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟ ᴇɴᴇʀɢʏ ʜᴀs ᴀɴ sɪɴɢʟᴇ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ. ᴀ ᴡᴇʟʟ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇᴀʟᴍ. ɪᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴅᴇᴅᴜᴄᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪs ʀᴇᴀʟᴍ ʜᴀs ᴀ ʟɪᴍɪᴛᴇᴅ ᴇɴᴇʀɢʏ ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴇᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍᴀɢɪ ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴏʀɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ɴᴜᴍʙᴇʀs ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴᴄʀᴇᴀsɪɴɢ. ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀsɪᴄ ʟᴀᴡs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ ᴀᴘᴘʟɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏғ ᴍᴀɢᴇᴄʀᴀғᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴀʟʟᴇʟ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀᴡs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇʀᴍᴏᴅʏɴᴀᴍɪᴄs. ɴᴇᴡ ᴇɴᴇʀɢʏ ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʜɪɢʜᴇʀ ᴇɴᴇʀɢʏs ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏᴇᴅ.
ᴍᴀɢᴇᴄʀᴀғᴛ's ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ ᴘʟᴀᴛғᴏʀᴍ, ʙᴀsᴇᴅ ᴏɴ ᴇɴᴅʟᴇss ɢʀᴏᴡᴛʜ ɪs ᴜɴsᴜsᴛᴀɪɴᴀʙʟᴇ.

The year was 1987, and everyone in Fuyuki City was looking forward to the sakura blossoms to bloom, to chase away the winter cold. I was born 11 days before valentine's day, family and friends said it was a good omen that I would be a loving and sweet little girl. No one could understand at the time how wrong such a prediction it was. I was an only child for a sum of one day shy of 13 months before I became a big sister. Sakura was born on a day the Sakura Blossoms. Thus her namesake was in full bloom. Family and friends said that this was a good omen that she would lead a fulfilled and blessed life. Never has an omen been so... wrong.

Our childhood was a good one, I suppose you could say. We were born into a family that owned the lands in which the city had been built upon. Wealth was a mere factor of our life, the real driving factor was our father. He was the kind of man who could command an army if he so desired. But he desired a life with us. It was a gilded life, a charmed life of wealth, of parties every other weekend and platinum spoons for his girls to eat from, metaphorically of course. My father was the centre of my world when I was young. He was so tall, so powerful in more ways than one. I was his heir, his little princess. He would play tea parties with my sister and me, he would shower us in gifts and dresses and trinkets. We were his world and he, ours. My mother was a woman who had once been strong, I have been told, but childbirth ruined her. She was said to have been the perfect Japanese wife. She would cook and clean, she would always be gentle and subservient... After Sakura, her health started to slide downward.

At first, it was slow, once in a blue moon she wouldn't have the energy to lift herself from bed so would spend the day sleeping away the light while father or the nanny would care for us. Usually, mother was so good with us, though. She was a gentle mother, someone whom would sooth scrapes of the knees with cool water while singing a sweet song, or a mother who would set down onigiri shaped in silly fashions and not let her young girl eat them until they named the shapes. All the while holding a soft smile and having a warmth about her that was so comforting...

The bliss of childhood ignorance kept us from seeing the slow slide downward mother was taking. If only we had known...Upon my 5th birthday, Father made an announcement. I was to become a Magus. This meant I was truly the heir and would one day be as strong as my father. One day I would be able to manipulate all the elements, put energy into jewels and be the head of the household.

Naturally for Sakura, she was not jealous, but happy for me. Even at 4, she was so humble and sweet, her chocolate locks in adorable pigtails often. I almost wanted her jealous at the time. I wanted to feel better than her at the time-- but now I know that was just childish. She was my little sister, though. I wanted nothing more than to protect her most of the time. We had our fights, what siblings don't fight over trivial matters? But... for me... she was everything.

Many days closer to my 6th year of life, father would opt to lock himself in the basement over playing with us. He would say there were important things for us to focus on. Father would sometimes let me down to work on my magi, but usually, we would practice elsewhere. Father taught me the rules first, saying that those were the most important. They were the most boring if I must be honest.

But I was too young-- to both learn and understand. I wanted to be the greatest, like my papa. I wanted to be strong. The strongest magus in the world. Papa would laugh at me when I said such things, and redirect me to my studies, telling me "even the strongest magics had to start here." It was frustrating, but if the Magics once had to study the rules and laws of magic, they had to learn the simple basics... I would be sure to learn as well.

Those days were so pure, so beautiful... if only then we knew they would never last...

HOLY GRAIL WAR

ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ's ғᴇᴇʟ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏғ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏʟʏ ɢʀᴀɪʟ ᴡᴀʀ-- ᴀ ᴡᴀʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ʏᴇᴀʀs. ᴀ ᴡᴀʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪ, ᴡʜᴏᴍ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ sᴇʀᴠᴀɴᴛs-- ʜᴇʀᴏɪᴄ sᴘɪʀɪᴛs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ-- ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʙɪᴅᴅɪɴɢ, ᴛᴏ ᴋɪʟʟ ᴏʀ ʙᴇ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ. ᴡɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴀʟʟ, ʟɪᴛᴇʀᴀʟʟʏ. ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪsʜ ɢʀᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ, ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪsʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ. ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ, ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴅᴏᴍɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ᴇɴᴅʟᴇss ᴡᴇᴀʟᴛʜ, ᴇɴᴅʟᴇss ʟɪғᴇ... ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏssɪʙɪʟɪᴛɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴇɴᴅʟᴇss. ʙᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴏʙᴛᴀɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀɪᴢᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ɢʟᴏʀʏ... ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ. ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪ. ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀɪʟ ғᴏʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴇ.ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs sᴀғᴇ ɪɴ ᴀ ɢʀᴀɪʟ ᴡᴀʀ. ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴅɪᴇ, ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ sᴜғғᴇʀ. sᴀᴄʀɪғɪᴄᴇs ᴍᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜʟᴛɪᴍᴀᴛᴇ ᴘʀɪᴢᴇ.

I don't remember being mad, but in retrospect... I should have been. I remember being confused. Not upset, not mad... I didn't even shed a tear. I was just confused. Papa told me it was for the good of everyone, and I was foolish-- naive enough to take his word as truth. Even if it hurt, even if to this day I cannot pass that door and not feel a pang of guilt. I have kept the room the same, untouched for so many years. The door has not even been opened from the last time it has been closed. The guilt it holds over me, the shame... It was out of my hands, but I never even spoke out. I let that family take her, that accused family... They took my precious Sakura away, and I have never forgiven myself.

I didn't have time to let the reality of what my father had done sink in before they showed up in my life. The first was a small man, dark hair and sunk in eyes. I couldn't bring myself to trust him at first, he looked like a villain from one of my story books. He scared me, and when we first met I made sure to wash my hands to wash away the creepy feeling he gave me-- how I wish I had followed my gut feelings-- but as a child we were taught to be polite and trust adults. And if Papa trusted him, I thought I could, too. I tried so hard. Kotomine Kirei had been there for what felt like forever before Sakura was stolen away, but showed up more and more after. It was frustrating, like he was here to replace Sakura. But I knew better than to speak out against him. Papa had scolded me a few times for it already. Mother said it was just temporary...

Kirei took up residence in our home days before the second man appeared...They were both so different. The second one was so tall, so handsome... Adorned in gold, black, red and walked like the king he was. He was my father's servant, the Archer, the king of the cradle of humanity. The King of Heros. I couldn't help but admire him from afar, knowing that a king like that could keep my Papa safe. Papa didn't need protection, anyway. He was the strongest Magus in the world, I was almost sure he was immortal. Papa called him "Archer", but I knew from my studies of the Holy Grail war, Papa had wanted the saber.

I had been taught of the holy grail at this point, of how the church oversaw the rules and made sure that everything went smoothly. How seven servants were summoned and six would fail-- not my Papa of course. His archer was strong enough to survive anything, and my Papa was the strongest in the world. But it was still dangerous, there were still bad servants. All seven classes were once heroes, and were now pitted against one another. Papa had the Archer, but there was also Assassin Class-- the class where ninja resided--, Caster Class-- Papa said if I was a servant, I would be a caster--, Rider Class-- usually a class that had a beast to ride on--, Lancer Class-- Papa said these are almost always Irishmen--, Berserker Class-- Papa said all these are usually hard to control-- and Saber Class-- The one Papa wanted. But Papa had Archer, and once he beat all the bad people in his way with his golden archer, he would get a wish, a wish that would make our lives better!

TCH! How simple the mind of a child is....We had to be moved, set away somewhere safe and away from the war. Papa said it was to keep us safe-- but I worried about Sakura. Was she being kept safe? Was she being sent away to her new grandparents? I trusted the Matou about as much as one would trust a rabid dog, but father had sold his youngest daughter to them, and because of that I was angry at him. The cracks were starting to show in his gilded veneer, but I wasn't ready to let my idolisation end so soon. In denial, I continued to worship my father and his broken ideals. I loved him and worshiped the ground in which he tread, I followed his every step-- Sometimes I wish I understood my father better...

THE ROOT

ᴀᴋᴀsʜᴀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴜʟᴛɪᴍᴀᴛᴇ ɢᴏᴀʟ ᴏғ ᴀɴʏ ᴍᴀɢᴜs. ɪᴛ ɪs ᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ᴀs "ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴛ"; ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ᴀs " ", ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏɪᴅ. ᴀɴʏ ᴍᴀɢᴜs ᴡʜᴏᴍ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴛ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴀɴ ᴀʟʟ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ʙᴇɪɴɢ. ᴛʜᴇ ғɪʀsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ғɪғᴛʜ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴏʙᴛᴀɪɴᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ sᴛᴀᴛᴜsᴇs ᴀs sᴜᴄʜ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴛ. ᴍʏ ғᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴡᴀs ɴᴏ ᴇxᴄᴇᴘᴛɪᴏɴ; ᴜsɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀɪʟ ᴀs ᴀ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴛ, ᴛᴏ ᴜʟᴛɪᴍᴀᴛᴇ ᴅᴏᴍɪɴɪᴏɴ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴜʟᴛɪᴍᴀᴛᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡʟᴇᴅɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇɴʟɪɢʜᴛᴇɴᴍᴇɴᴛ. ᴀᴋᴀsʜᴀ ɪs sᴀɪᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴇss ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɢɪғᴛs, sᴜᴄʜ ᴀs sɪɢʜᴛ ᴍᴀɢɪ; ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʙɪʟɪᴛʏ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ʟɪɴᴇ ᴏғ ʟɪғᴇ, ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ, ɪᴍᴍᴏʀᴛᴀʟɪᴛʏ. ᴀ sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ᴅᴜʟʟ ᴋɴɪғᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʟɪɴᴇs, ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄᴜᴛ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴍɪʟʟɪᴏɴ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇs, ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪғᴇ, ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ɪᴍᴍᴏʀᴛᴀʟɪᴛʏ-- ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ɪᴛ ʜᴀs ɴᴏ ᴄᴏɴɴᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ɪᴛ ɪs ɪɴᴛᴇɢʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ sᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇʟʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ. ɪɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ's ᴇʏᴇs, ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ʙᴇɪɴɢ, ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɪʟ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɪʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ...ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇ... ᴍᴀɢᴜs ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀʏ. ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ.

Damn them. Damn them all. Damn them all to hell. My Mother... My Father... Sakura... My whole fucking family, My world... Damn them all. They had to go and take them from me; leave me alone, with just a single man to care for me. His amount of care would be inadequate at best. How could she just go and give up like that? The doctors said it was sickness and injury, but I know better. When Father left, when she was strangled by that fucking Matou-- we had trusted him. I had trusted him!--, she gave up on life. I am nothing to her. I was nothing to her. Kirei had said she was as useful as a cow, only good for birth, anyway-- and that she failed at. I wanted to kill him for those words, but I have no choice now but to trust him. Trust him with my life, my fortune and my future.

I am the sole Tohsaka left, and with me will die the Tohsaka name and the Tohsaka clan. No son, no uncles, no brothers. The line's only hope was for me to be a son, and yet here I am, a useless daughter.

Mother's death was no shock, honestly. We had trusted, loved and cared for that Matou worm, and he had gone and broken her, choked her, beat her after murdering my father. Left me an orphan in one day. He had taken away everything precious to my little world, I was left to just clutch at the pieces. Damn them all. The Matou family had taken away my precious flower, they had murdered my father and left me, a child, a young girl, to care for a cripple doomed for death. Everyone had once called her a "perfect mother", a "peaceful soul"... Now she was a invalid, not even a person-- just a blank shell. I have been told from a young age I had my mother's face and my father determination. But those whom I resembled had since been erased from this world. Never had I ever felt so lonesome in my life, having to feed, wash and care for a woman who had once done the such for me-- who I still needed to do those things form... And now, as I stood watching my mother's coffin sink lower into the ground, and that damned priest looked over me from behind, I made a vow.

I would become stronger. The strongest fucking magus in the world. I would become a Magic.

I was my father's prodigy, his legacy. All that remained of his endless work and lifelong dream stood wrapped up in a 12 year old girl, and his sanctuary of the office. Balling my fists, I had never felt so much rage. I couldn't stem my tears, I couldn't see what the future could possibly hold. I could only blame the Matou, and hold fast to my hatred for all but one buried deep. I would save her. The last remnants of my family, I would free her from the unavoidable hell she was subjected to. The Violet strands alone told me everything, if I didn't hear the words of what happened to her from the sows mouth. Rage. I held so much rage, at my foolish father, at my passive mother, at my own blind trust. Sakura was precious, and that little worm had no idea what he had done.

The Matou felt it right to not only break the girl at a young age-- from the day they had been given her!-- I had learnt from following Sakura that they had broken her down to nothing and had left her there to rot. They had infected her, they had taken all she had that was pure and tainted it to darkness. She was a Matou slave, she was their beating post and their punching bag, both verbally and physically. The worst-- the worst was Shinji. That slimy worm of a child... He would do the worst things to her. If the abuse she was given was not enough, he would force himself upon her. It makes me sick to this day just to think about it. One day, one day his blood shall stain my hands and I will relish in his murder. I will cut him from the root and shove it deep into his mouth so he chokes on the instrument he uses to torture my sister. I will destroy them all... How she stays so strong, so pure and sweet is beyond my comprehension.

Every step, every single step I would take henceforth, I swore-- I still swear-- is for her. My baby sister. The sister I failed to protect, the sister that is subjected to such... hell. Once I returned home from laying my last family member to rest, once all the mourners left me alone in my home-- my big, cold, empty home... I found my father's study and his last gifts to me. The Azoth sword, the blade that cut his life down to nothingness, and... The magical compass that he had entrusted to me before the war. Two relics that meant so much.In my nostalgia, I stumbled upon his journal, and found comfort in his words, in his thoughts. How much he loved mother and I, how hard it was on him to see Sakura leave, how he longed for greater things. It was in those words I found a man whom was not the perfect idol I had visualised, but a man. A complex, conflicted man. I found respect where there was once reverence, I found understanding when there was confusion... The deeper I delved, the closer I felt. And it was then I saw the words that ran my blood cold.

My girls are special. My dear Rin is stronger than any magus I have ever met, even myself. She holds so much potential, such a rare trait. She will one day master all five of the elements. Sakura, too, will be strong. But her gift leaves her vulnerable. I will have to do something to assure her future...

I think I read those words a hundred times before It sunk in what I had to do to assure Sakura's future was assured. I had to become stronger, I had to become the Magus my father dreamt for me to become, and around me, in every shelf, in every drawer, upon every sheet of paper in that lofty office was the key to becoming a magus that would make my father proud to call me his heir. That day I stopped being a lost little girl and I became the determined magus.I had to become the strongest magus alive.

THE CLOCK TOWER

ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢᴇ ᴀssᴏᴄɪᴀᴛɪᴏɴs' ᴍᴀɪɴ ʙʀᴀɴᴄʜ, ᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴘᴏᴘᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀs "ʙɪɢ ʙᴇɴ" ᴀɴᴅ "ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀɪᴛɪsʜ ᴍᴜsᴇᴜᴍ", ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛᴏᴡᴇʀ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴇᴀsᴛ. ɪᴛ's ᴀ ʜᴏʀʀᴏʀ sʜᴏᴡ ᴏғ ᴘᴇᴛᴛʏ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʙɪɢᴏᴛᴇᴅ ᴠɪᴇᴡs ᴀɴᴅ sᴇʟғ-sᴇʀᴠɪɴɢ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴs ᴛᴏ ғᴜʀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴅᴇᴠɪᴄᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇʀɴ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ ᴘᴏᴘᴜʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴍᴀɢɪ. ɪᴛ's ᴀ ʙʀᴇᴇᴅɪɴɢ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴄᴏʀʀᴜᴘᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴄʀɪᴍɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ᴀɢᴀɪɴsᴛ ᴄʀᴇᴇᴅs, ᴀɢᴀɪɴsᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴜᴍᴀᴛᴜʀɢʏ ғᴏʀᴍs, ᴀɢᴀɪɴsᴛ ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴsᴛ ɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ. ᴀsɪᴀɴs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴇᴛ ғᴀʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀssᴏᴄɪᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ɢᴀʏ ᴍᴀɢᴜs ᴀʀᴇ ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ ᴇɴᴛʀʏ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɴᴋs, ʀᴜɴᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜᴄʀᴀғᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴜᴍᴀᴛᴜʀɢʏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴏɴsɪᴅᴇʀᴇᴅ ʟᴇssᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴍs ᴏғ ᴍᴀɢɪ. ᴛʜᴇ 'ʟᴏʀᴅs' ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍᴀɢᴜs ᴘᴏʟɪᴛɪᴄɪᴀɴs ᴡʜᴏ ᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴀᴄᴋɪɴɢs sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇʀ ᴄʟᴀɴs ᴛᴏ ʙᴏʟsᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴘʟᴀᴄɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀɴᴋ. ᴛᴏ ᴊᴏɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ʜᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀss ᴀɴ ᴇxᴀᴍ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴀᴜᴍᴀᴛᴜʀɢʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜʏ-- ᴊᴜsᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴛᴛᴏᴍ ᴛɪᴇʀ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴛᴇᴍ ᴘᴏʟᴇ. ʙᴜᴛ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ... ᴛᴏᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ... ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴀs ᴀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴀɴ ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀsᴛ ᴍᴀɢɪ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇxɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ. ɪᴛ's ᴀ ᴊᴏᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪғ ᴀ ᴍᴀɢᴇ ɪs ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ʟɪғᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ғɪʀsᴛ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴊᴏɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɴᴋs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛᴏᴡᴇʀ...

I had reached the peak of my frustration, finding the root would be impossible unless I found a way to it. The five magics before had not been so kind as to explain how they reached the root. Assholes. I couldn't help my anger, I needed to reach the root to save Sakura from hell. I would even kill for a simple sight at this point, but it seemed like the only way to the root was by death-- and that would not save Sakura. I was her only hope. No matter how many books I read through, my father's research gave me nothing to go on. Just his failed attempts to reach the root himself. Just theories that were ludicrous and impossible. Just pass attempts that seem to have promise but ended in failure. The root seemed a pipe dream, and impossible wish.

I had mastered the art of jewel magi, I was an expert in Germanic curses, I had a complex understanding of elementals... I had skills in every kind of magic I could think of, and yet I was no closer to the root than I was when I was when I first learnt to levitate a feather. I couldn't help but think the root was nothing more than a myth, and I was chasing a pipe dream. Zelretch was a Magic, and he had found the root. My ancestor, the blood of an immortal life, a magic coursed through my veins, and yet I could hardly crack the secret of the Root's entrance. How could I not be frustrated?

For years I had poured over books upon books, all my father's notes and diary entries. I needed to continue his legacy. Even if I was an honour roll student, considered royalty in my school and made sure to keep up my mask as a diligent student and kindhearted person-- it was all a ruse to keep people out of my business. No one at my high school needed to know that I was a magus, self-trained and determined to be better than all of them. They could all see me as the distant, alluring, sweet honour roll student and treat me like I was just a normal person. It suited me just fine. No one even knew I was an orphan, and I liked it that way. I didn't want their pity, nor did I desire their sympathies. I just wanted the day to end so my mask could be dropped and I could get home and continue to study my father's thaumaturgy papers, and possibly find the spell to unlock his secret box. Unlocking that box, I knew, would give me access to all the keys I needed to fulfil my father's dreams.

There were whispers among the families, and as the head of one, I had to go and listen to the predictions... A new Holy Grail war was to begin, very prematurely. Ten years as opposed the standard millennium. I would have a chance to finish my father's work... and with this new revelation, I knew just how I could complete my father's life's work-- my soul diving force. The Church laid forth the mediator as my master and protege, Kotomine Kirei. How would an ex-master be anything but bias? On the surface, I acted as if I trusted Kirei-- but I had learnt of my father's distrust of him, and while I poured myself into my father's study, I still knew what he had done in the years since taking control of my estate and wealth.

He had ruined everything that the Tohsaka name once meant, the lords that we had been had been squandered and shat away by this unholy father of the cloth. He had left me with nothing but enough to sustain my household until I was 18, he had spent and squandered my inheritance, sold my father's lands and spent my money when he had no right to spend it. Kirei was on my murder list, unaware of my distrust. I knew he would never harm his cash cow, I knew he saw me as a daughter... But he was no father to me. He was a bane, someone who aided my studies when I didn't understand, someone I feigned to adore because of his knowledge, knowledge I needed to further myself in my goals of the root. And before me laid a direct path to the root. I would win the war, I would fulfil my father's dreams. Fuck the wish. I wanted the grail...

THE HOLY GRAIL

ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏʟʏ ɢʀᴀɪʟ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴄᴜᴘ ᴏғ ᴊᴇsᴜs. ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴜʀᴄʜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋs. ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴜʀᴄʜ ɪs ᴡʀᴏɴɢ. ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏʟʏ ɢʀᴀɪʟ ɪs ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ᴄᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ɢʀᴀɴᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴʏ ᴡɪsʜ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢᴜs ᴡʜᴏ ᴊᴏɪɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ғᴏᴜɴᴅɪɴɢ ғᴀᴍɪʟɪᴇs. ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀs ᴀʀᴇ ʟɪᴛᴇʀᴀʟʟʏ ᴘᴀᴡɴs, ᴀ ᴍᴇᴀɴs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ, sᴀᴄʀɪғɪᴄɪᴀʟ ʟᴀᴍʙs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ sᴄʜᴇᴍᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜɪɴɢs. ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪsʜ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ɢʟᴏʀʏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴀ ʀᴜsᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ ɴᴜᴍʙᴇʀs. ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀɪʟ ɪs ᴀ ᴘᴏʀᴛᴀʟ... ɪᴛ's ᴄᴏɴɴᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ɪs ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛʟʏ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴛ. ɪᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴡs ғᴏʀᴛʜ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʟʟ ᴏғ ʜᴇʀᴏᴇs, ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇs ᴏғ ᴀᴋᴀsʜᴀ, ᴛʜᴇ sᴇʀᴠᴀɴᴛs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ, ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ʜᴏᴜsᴇs ᴛʜᴇɪʀ sᴏᴜʟs ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ. sᴇᴠᴇɴ sᴏᴜʟs, sᴇᴠᴇɴ sᴇʀᴠᴀɴᴛs, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛ ʜᴏʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴛ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ɪssᴜᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ... ᴏɴʟʏ ᴀ sᴇʀᴠᴀɴᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀɪʟ. ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴀ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ɢʀᴀɪʟ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ɢʀᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ᴏғғᴇʀ ᴀ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴛ, ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ғᴏʀᴍᴇᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ sᴇᴠᴇɴ sᴇʀᴠᴀɴᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ ɪᴛ's ᴄᴏɴғɪɴᴇs. ʙᴜᴛ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏʜsᴀᴋᴀ ᴄʟᴀɴ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ʟᴏᴏᴘ ʜᴏʟᴇ... ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀɪʟ ᴡɪʟʟ ғᴏʀᴍ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ғɪғᴛʜ ᴡᴀʀ, ᴀ ғɪғᴛʜ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴛ. ᴀ ғɪғᴛʜ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴏʙᴛᴀɪɴᴇᴅ, ᴡʜᴇɴ sᴏ ғᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ɴᴏɴᴇ...

It took all my efforts and skill, but I did it. I finally fucking did it. I opened my father's damned box. And what was within? A necklace, a note and a spell that turned all the clocks in the house back an hour. Why were all my efforts worth this? I was sure within he would have left a catalyst, something to summon the servant, Saber. But he had not. Just a necklace with a spell on it and a note saying that this could save a life. And good luck... Good luck? Did he predict this day? It was no matter, I had school to attend, and preparations to make. For days, Kirei had been bugging me, telling me I have a limited number of days to summon. I knew that. I acted unsure, but in reality, I was waiting to see if my father had left behind his Saber relic. I knew from reading that the box was important, the spell upon it proved as such. It was a test, left for me to solve. And I did, in the last minutes. I wasn't sure if I could summon properly at first, but the last year I had dedicated to making sure everything was perfect. The circle on the basement floor, the incantation to summon, the strongest of my jewels and my iron-clad will. I am not some pathetic little magus that was just trying to join in on the war of the big kids... I am a powerful magus with as much to put into the pot as the Matou.

Even Shinji seems to be sizing me up more as if I were a cheap whore on display. Did raping my sister hold no appeal to him any longer? Every time we speak, I want to gut him, but instead, I have my normal mask on and pretend I don't want to crush his neck like his uncle did with my mother. I have to stomach his lude gazes and his twitching fingers. He disgusts me. I endure another day of observing my sweet sister from afar, wondering if she has been forced to summon a servant yet, and if it is her I will be enemies with, or if the Matou has other plans... It is more than likely, seeing as she is the Matou heir. But if I could win, if I could have my way-- no. WHEN I win, I would free her. I would become a Magic, the youngest to ever do so, and master all of magecraft. I would be the sixth Magic, I would take my sister back, free her of her parasites and return her to a safe place. It's my fault she is so tormented, and I shall free her. The first step, summon saber.

I got home well before the sun dipped below the horizon, however, it was not time yet. I have to wait until 2 am, when my wavelength was at it's strongest. As such, I prepared for the task at hand. The greatest feat I would ever have to complete. Keeping my father's necklace close to my heart, I started to destroy his basement. First, I had to move the books, the boxes, the artefacts. I had to make as much room as I could to summon Saber. In truth... I had no idea what to expect, but I knew I had to summon soon, or all my training and effort would be wasted. My path to the root would be taken from me. Tonight was the night. My wavelength was at it's strongest, my mental status was at the greatest. After several hours, I found myself needing a break with two hours to spare and my stomach complaining of hunger. The household had long been fired, leaving me to myself in the big house. Loneliness suited me. Now that I am rested, and a bit of food has settled my knotted stomach, I find myself at the door to the basement... Ready to embark on the most dangerous journey in my life. A path that ripped my family apart and left me standing in this big, scary world... alone.

My name is Tohsaka Rin, and tonight I shall take the first step to becoming the strongest mage in the world.

FAVORITE COLOR Red

FAVORITE FOOD Archer and Shirou's cooking, which are oddly similar

HOBBIES Polishing Jewelry, Reading, Archery

LIKES Messing with Shirou, Girly things like Jewelry and Clothes, Shopping, Tea

DISLIKES Electronics (Her Natural Enemy), Kotomine, Being reminded of things she already knows

DOB Feb 3rd

ZODIAC SIGN Aquarius

ABILITIES

last of the Tohsaka clan

The Tohsaka Clan is an old, powerful magus clan, and Rin is the last. When she dies, the Tohsaka clan dies with her. Because of this, she holds a lot of resignation of who she is and who she will become. There is a lot of weight on her shoulders, and she doesn't let it show often. Her name carries a lot of weight in the world.
Being Tohsaka means she is incredibly exceptional, and she was born with the ability to control all five elements, an extraordinarily rare gift. This alone has Rin ranked among the top 100 Magi in the history of the world.

Jewel Magus

But the ability the Tohsaka clan holds is the ability to store energy, and for Rin, she stores her energy in precious jewels like rubies and emeralds. To access the energy, she melts them with her magic, however, this is not always necessary. Each Jewel can only be used once and can hold vast amounts of energy, like a battery that she can expel all at once. This energy can be used in a number of ways, from healing from the brink of death to powerful attacks that can be devastating. It takes Rin months if not a year to fully charge a jewel, however, so she has taken to another mean of protection.

Germanic Curse Expert

Rin's most common attack is Gandr, in which was originally a curse, however, Rin's use of the spell is very different than what was intended. Rin's execution of the curse is to concentrate the dark magical energy into her fingertip, and then firing the inky black orb as one would a bullet, taking on an unusual, corporeal form as a result. Because of Rin's inherited and infused Magic Crest of the Tohsaka, she does not require an incantation to use Gandr, and can shoot it instantly and multiple times as needed. Rin's Gandr is shockingly powerful and violent, it once being able to punch through and disintegrate a large portion of a concrete wall with just a single shot.

MASTER

STRENGTHS

• Magic
  • Wearing a Mask to hide her True Self
  • Researching
  • Jewellery-- Both knowledge of the process in-which it is made and identification of precious stones

WEAKNESSES

• Technology (Her Natural Enemy)
  • Controlling her emotions
  • Controlling her spending habits
  • ARCHER

PULL POINT Fate/Unlimited Blade Works Ending

SORTING She was in Syzygy before

as written by

SNOW

AGE 31 EXPERIENCE 20+ years LOCATION Alaska player triggers
Rape, Abuse, Vore & Gore
other characters
See Staff Modal :)

Moderation

life in the city

babysitter

as played by hippo
becca that's not the worm that's the slug
Player Pronouns she/her
Player Age 29

awards

Jun 14 2018, 09:04 AM

Accepted

SNOW!!!!! MY PRECIOUS ANGEL CHILD RIN!!!!! Okay, I'm exaggerating her angelic-ness but, seriously I love this child.  The first time I read this I had never seen Fate at all, and I have you to think for my initial interest in it.  The way you write Rin's story is so heartbreaking.  The pain she feels, the anger, the rage.  It's all so much for someone her age to handle and you portray all of it beautifully.  How she feels she failed her sister, how she feels about her dad.  Going from idolizing someone to understanding them like most children have to do with parental figures.  This app is just so complex and beautiful, just like the character it portrays.  I love her, I love you.  Just go do your stuff.

Welcome to Ipsum Tohsaka Rin! You have been sorted into SYZYGY! Please be sure to fill out your Claims and your Mini Profile, and let us know that you have finished that here, so we can properly sort you!

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Welcome to Lorem Ipsum's cbox! It might seem quiet, that's because we're happily chatting away on the Discord Server! Link above! However, if you wish to chat here, please feel free to leave a message, we don't bite! We'll happily chat here as well! Please be sure to read the rules! We're excited to have you!